Lift onto trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kfmld00

My 2006 SeaDoo Wake Edition PWC was rolled off its trailer by Hurricane Harvey, it is laying on the ground next to the trailer. Not sure there is any damage to the Wake, but whether there is or not I have to get it back on the trailer. There is no center lift "hook" under the seats. I have access to a tractor that can lift it. Any suggestions as to hooking up to it and lifting it onto the trailer? Web straps? Any hook that I am not seeing?

Webbing and or strong rope will do what you need. I would add a line on each side that goes from the real web to the front web. This will prevent the web/line from sliding off the hull once it is lifted. Once lifted, I would move the trailer rather than the ski. The less you move the ski once elevated the better. Set it on the trailer than get the webbing/line out.

Thanks

Webbing and or strong rope will do what you need. I would add a line on each side that goes from the real web to the front web. This will prevent the web/line from sliding off the hull once it is lifted. Once lifted, I would move the trailer rather than the ski. The less you move the ski once elevated the better. Set it on the trailer than get the webbing/line out.

Thanks! I figured I would have to go with straps, but wanted to be sure.

I just lift the tongue of the trailer to get the bunks below the rubrail then winch the trailer under the ski with the trailer winch.

If you leave the trailer unhooked and free from the tongue it will just pull itself under the ski. Once it reaches the tipping point let the tongue lower and finish winching on.

No need to lift the ski at all.

I would try pulling it back on the trailer like kmfld00 said. If you lift it, use straps designed for lifting and NOT for holding down on a trailer/truck. They are designed differently. Stitching and webbing are different.

Good luck and glad you're okay.

Thanks for that, I had no idea that there even were two types of web straps. Good to know, appreciate your input.

If you are doing this occasionally or needing to move ski from trailer to rollaround it might be worthwhile to invest in a lift strap
that hooks to the rails so is very stable
I will try to put a picture here, but earlier attempt would not let me move it from my picture stash to this reply ... try #2

90SP2-LiftStrap2.jpg

OK, it let me attach one picture

I know, I did not put the safety in place to keep the chain from slipping off the forks; just put tension on it for the picture
Seems I recall I paid around $100 for this one from Sears several years ago. Worthwhile for me as I have a collection of old Doos

Thanks for posting the pic, that makes a lot of sense. I'll look at Sears to see if they still have them.

mikidymac your solution worked without a problem! I had asked a couple of friends to help me, but didn't need them. Had some trouble holding the tongue up and crank at the same time, so got some help there (another 70+ yr old). Thanks for your help!

Nice!! It sounds silly but works great [emoji106].

Another funny story was I used two 6’ ladders and a motorcycle ramp to make an A-Frame in the front yard to flip my XP for some bottom repair when I was home alone and neighbors we out of town. It actually worked great but the funny part is the google earth satellite was flying over and you can see the A-Frame shadows and ski on google earth now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back