LED trailer lights question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

reedsposer22

Why do LED lights not burn out when submerged, anyone know? Everyone says these are the way to go for trailer lights, but I cannot figure out why they do not burn out.

thanks

They are sealed and produce nearly zero heat. Absolutely love them. I never unplug my trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to have all the connections of wires correct. Soldered, dielectric grease coated, shrink wrap tubing than taped. Should last the life of the payments!

I have a set of HF LED lights on my trailer. The other day I noticed the left light was damaged...looked like some one kicked it......it has a cracked case but still lights up.
The Right light has a problem. The ground wire is attached by just a few strands.....i tried to loosen the bolt but it just keeps turning. I looked inside and it's a round head bolt set into a plastic "sleeve.
How can I loosen it to reset the ground wire?

But caution, not all led sets are the same. I got a set and replaced them on my double ski trailer. They both have now filled up with water and blew out the fuse in my truck on the Norman meetup. I am sure I got the cheapest I could find (maybe harbor freight?) and of course paid the price. I need to replace both of them.

I'd have to look up where I ordered mine, but they are perfect. Not a drop internally. Plus, I spliced, soldered, and slid Heat Shrink tubing over the splices and then melted the tubing. Has worked well for two years now. Salt and fresh water..

I'd have to look up where I ordered mine, but they are perfect. Not a drop internally. Plus, I spliced, soldered, and slid Heat Shrink tubing over the splices and then melted the tubing. Has worked well for two years now. Salt and fresh water..

Agreed ... I am also a big fan of liquid tape; apply it over the solder joint then heat shrink tubing. Over the years have seen some bad scenes relating to salt water and electrical connections.

I bought regular Advance Auto Parts lights. Someone backed out and swung too close and destroyed the left light! Went and got another one from them. Easy / Pesy! No searching, walked in and got it off the shelf. Bulbs are in their own little enclosure. Water tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back