Latch for ski locker on a 210 challenger -

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gb387

We have replaced our 'beetle latch' on our ski locker a few times now. The part seems poorly designed for the task at hand. Be extremely careful when installing, it is VERY easy to close the ski locker with the new latch installed only to find out the catch won't clear the latch itself when trying to open leaving no other option but to break the brand new latch in order to open the ski locker and free your gear (been there done that). Check the fit and latch/catch clearance before securing the latch in the door of the ski locker.

I did lots and lots of research trying to find a better alternative but the way the hole(s) are cut into the fiberglass you are left to one option and it can get expensive. At round $90 dollars a pop from BRP I am posting this information in hopes it will help others save some money on this easy to break part. Do a search and look for the part, I was able to get two latches shipped for 80 dollars. I now keep a spare on hand!

This information is for the stainless steel version, they do make black and white ones that seem to be a little cheaper but don't look as good.

Brand: Southco
Part Number: MP-03-110-000

IMG_20170909_113318.jpg
IMG_20170909_113333.jpg
IMG_20170909_113338.jpg
IMG_20170909_113353.jpg

With a little creativity the stainless steel cover can be removed and it looks as if it may install directly over the black plastic version. Your mileage may vary on this option.

IMG_20170909_114647.jpg

Hope this information helps others!

I'm having the same issue. I went to replace a latch today and it almost got stuck closed. Fortunately a medium tug and it opened. Frustrating.

I just sent an email to Southco support to see what they say about the fit and latches breaking. For the money you have to spend on these you would think they would last a lifetime.

I'm having the same issue. I went to replace a latch today and it almost got stuck closed. Fortunately a medium tug and it opened. Frustrating.

I just sent an email to Southco support to see what they say about the fit and latches breaking. For the money you have to spend on these you would think they would last a lifetime.

Post back when you hear back. I tried to warranty one through BRP but they said they would not warranty it I even bought it through a original boat dealer. It was installed about one minute before it broke.

It really needs to be all metal in the critical stress areas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back