Slam Latch?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! So the 1/2" and 3/4" would be the thickness of the hatch. Got it. That makes a lot more sense. I guess step 1 is to get the broken latch out of the hatch. I'll start by drilling a hole through the middle of it and then use a hand saw to carve out a pie shaped slice. Once I've got it out I'll do some proper measurements and pick a replacement.

Funny (?) story on that... my first trip out with my boat after it sat for 2 years in the garage lasted about 3 minutes. Then the engine choked and died with what turned out to be fouled plugs. Dead engine in the middle of the lake? Time to paddle. Oops... I found the latch was broken and just spun and I couldn't open it. And of course that's where I keep the paddles.

I ended up laying on the front of the boat and paddling back to shore with my arms like some kind of beached beluga.

Ah! So the 1/2" and 3/4" would be the thickness of the hatch. Got it. That makes a lot more sense. I guess step 1 is to get the broken latch out of the hatch. I'll start by drilling a hole through the middle of it and then use a hand saw to carve out a pie shaped slice. Once I've got it out I'll do some proper measurements and pick a replacement.

Funny (?) story on that... my first trip out with my boat after it sat for 2 years in the garage lasted about 3 minutes. Then the engine choked and died with what turned out to be fouled plugs. Dead engine in the middle of the lake? Time to paddle. Oops... I found the latch was broken and just spun and I couldn't open it. And of course that's where I keep the paddles.

I ended up laying on the front of the boat and paddling back to shore with my arms like some kind of beached beluga.
Haha, pics or it didn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back