Kill switch/starter switch problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Bob

I have a 92 and 96 three seater with the 580 white motor. The 96 fired right up after winter storage. The 93 has no power to the starter. I'm guessing the kill switch or starter switch is bad.

I have a Fluke, the battery is charged, front storage is open and the box removed.......how do I trouble shoot the switches, or is there a "how to" schematic someplace.

I recently twanged three discs in my back so bending over and getting in wierd positions isn't as easy ait used to be.....

Thanks in advance.....

Cascade....

The 96 uses the DESS system, which acually takes care of itself. Models before 96 just used the tether, kill and start switch. These switches are cascaded into each other.

What you can try and do is process of elemination to see which switch is not making up. On your engine kill switch, if you open it, I believe you'll see a grey wire that changes coming from the red wire of the power to your warning buzzer. The other wire out of the kill switch is black. This lead changes to purple downstream. Either find a connector there or a way to jump those two wires together. Then, try to start the motor.

If it doesn't work, move to the next switch cascading from it which is your tether cord. Jump it. If you have to, jump both the kill and tether cord, then try to start the motor.

Your problem for an engine this old is usually caused by a sticky switch......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back