Just purchased- filled with gas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

busatom

I just got 2 96 jetski 2 strokes and topped them off with gas at the gas station on my way home. Both were bone dry & took 8 gallons each. The guy told me he disconnected the oil injectors on each, which I hear is common. What is the best method to add the oil now? Probably shouldve added it first then filled up? Thanks,

Tom

What I am concerned about is that the fuel lines, fuel pump and carbs all have streight gas in them with no oil. I would think that on your first start up you will be running the engine for a minute or 2 without oil. You could add the oil to the tanks and drive around for a few minutes pulling them on there trailer behind your truck or car to help mix the oil with fuel. If it were me I would spray some oil into the carbs and make the engines smoke heavily for about 3 minutes till I was sure that the engines were burning the correct fuel mix. :cheers:

Tom, make sure the oil resivoir is still inside the engine/storage compartment, hooked up/intact. You still need the 2-BIG oil lines from the resivoir, to/from the engine, for the ROTARY VALVE assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back