Just got an OEM cover, and tips on how to clean it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik_uk

Hi all,

After waiting for months for one to pop up on eBay, I got an OEM cover for my ski. It's not the exact colour I wanted, but at this stage I'd stopped being as picky.

It's in really good condition, but a little dirty. Does anyone have any tips on how to clean this for best results? I haven't got it yet, so don't know what material they used.

I was going to do it the same way I'd do a boat canopy, and scrub it using Nikwax Tech Wash and then water proof it using Nikwax Tent & Gear Solarproof spray.

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Big tub full of hot water and mix in some oxyclean. Let it sit for a couple hours. Rinse well. Repeat a couple times depending on on dirty it is.

I follow the directions of poppy cover. Wash with Woolite. Then spray with 303 fabric guard.

I had one that I put in the washing machine on gentle cycle with oxyclean. Came out clean as new.

On one of my boat covers I used a tube of 100% clear silicon that I squirted into a coffee can then turned into a slurry by adding Isopropyl alcohol and mixing it up. I brushed it on and let dry. This made the cover waterproof.

On one of my boat covers I used a tube of 100% clear silicon that I squirted into a coffee can then turned into a slurry by adding Isopropyl alcohol and mixing it up. I brushed it on and let dry. This made the cover waterproof.

But not breathable. You want the covers to breath to let moisture and condensation out, that is the beauty of Sunbrella and Surelast fabrics. Just use 303 waterproofer and go.

Washed it on gentle with the uk equivalent of oxyclean. It took two runs through the machine but came out like new. Really happy with the results given the condition it went in (the lady of the house does not know this yet).

Really happy to have a trailerable cover - the last one was like a main sail from a tea clipper past 45mph

Although they all say trailerable like most boat covers too I'll never do it. I have seen too many scuffed boats and skis from trailering with covers on.

Just a follow up photo to show how it turned out. Really happy with it. If only I could get the exact same cover with the maroon bit in yellow... This will do for now :)
53.jpg
54.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back