GTX Handle Bar Cover & Pad

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I don't post much of what I do lately cuz it's always a lot with jet skis. :D My wife and I have 1996/1997 GTXs. My wife's 1997 has a UGLY cover and the pad material was gone at the top. I tease her about her ugly ski and she laughs cuz hers is faster than mine. That is another story. :D So... My ski of course looks GREAT cuz I painted the hood and all that. I refuse to ride and ugly ski no matter how good it runs and my wife doesn't care how they look as long as the run. :D So back to the task... I pulled the cover and pad off, replaced the beeper that wasn't working and got it all spiffed back up. I bet it took 5 hours plus to get all that stuff done and back together.

I had the correct paint color base/clear, had correct material for the bar pad, and of course I have many beepers in stock. I started painting late, then I had trouble seeing, and when I turned the outside light on here come da flying termites. It was nip and tuck as I had to improvise a covered area for the paint to dry but none landed on the parts. WHEW. I'd never make a living fixing skis... I'm just to anal. Ha ha

Just a note - it's not car show quality but who cares?? Also, I don't use any flex additives in the paint.

Sissy GTX Handle Bar Cover Paint (6).JPG

Sissy GTX Handle Bar Cover Paint (5).JPG

Back