Just bough a 1994 Seadoo Speedster!!!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

btgignac

Hello everyone, I just picked up this little gem on Monday and am looking for some hints, tips, and pointers. It is a 94 Speedster, twin 657x. I am the 3rd owner. The 2 owners before me always stored thsi beauty in the garage. The guy states he always had it professionally winterized. Brand new battery, wear rings, and service tuneup last fall before winterization. The bilge, lights, and blower all work. Tachs, and Speedo work..he wasnt sure about the gas(is there any other way to tell how much gas you have other than buying a new gauge?) Trailer is in perfect condition and everything works including lighsAnyway, Im fairly new to motors and boating. Does anyone have anything they can pass on that will help me keep this boat running and looking in tip top condition. PS. I got the boat for 2800...the guy wanted 3500. Any and all input appreciated! I am new to the forum but am excited to use this more! Thank you!2013-04-08_19-30-48_179.jpg2013-04-08_19-30-56_992.jpg2013-04-08_19-31-03_237.jpg2013-04-08_19-31-10_198.jpgView attachment 18052

Attachments

• 2013-04-08_19-31-18_165.jpg
    2013-04-08_19-31-18_165.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 68
WOW... it looks new !!!!!

The Gauge probably isn't bad. The float in the tank is bad. (They sink, becasue of the new fuels) Pull the sender out, and put a new float in it.

Holy hell thats in great shape, Congrats!!!

Its either the fusible link thats internal to the sender (on the circuit board) or it is the float as Dr Honda said.

Did those have gray fuel lines, or just the skis? If they are gray and say Tempo on them, they will need to be changed.

Thank you both Dr. Honda and smc. I will make sure to check the float. There are about 3 stress cracks by the throttle which are considerably small but other than that its CLEAN! Anything else I should look over or be concerned about?

That's a nice looking boat for 19 yrs old. I guess the 2 PO "really did" take good care of it.
You'll love the hydro-turf.

Congrats and welcome. I wish mine was that nice when I got it.
You can also see how much gas is in it by looking at the gas tank. :)

Wow, that boat is pristine!! My buddy has a 95 like that and he let me drive it for a bit. It was probably the most fun I've ever had behind any steering wheel. Your passengers will truly need the grab handles ;) Get ready for an awesome time!!

One thing I will say about maintenance, Ask the PO if he ever changed the oil lines on the injection system. There are (I believe) two tiny lines on the starboard side of both engines, under the carbs. My 92 jet ski needed those changed years ago. If they haven't fixed that, I'd go by a hardware store where they sell lawnmower stuff and pick up some tygon line. These motors are 2-stroke and will die quick if the oil injection system quits. Also, it wouldn't hurt to check the filter inside the fuel/water separator. It's mounted just above the fuel tank and just twists off. Make sure you don't have too much crud on that. I see you already have a new set of plugs, that's a good thing to change out every season. Make sure they're BR7ES (I think your boat takes 7's, but maybe 8's) I recently had Autozone mistakenly order me 8 BRP8ES's. They are COMPLETELY different plugs!

Good luck and have fun!

Good deal slow down, I'm sure youll love it! I just took it out on the water yesterday for the first time! I had 3 people in the boat, full tank of gas, the water was a little choppy and I still hit 48 mph on the GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back