Jumping with a 4-tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPack

So I have my eye on this 07 RXT...

I live on Lake Erie and I love going out on those big wave days and jumping. How will a heavy 4-stroke like the 07 RXT do in these sort of conditions? Am I going to get the same lift as my 94 GTX? I'm looking for a Sea doo that can jump on these bigger 3 ft + white caps and be ok to take the next one. I probably need to clear a 10-15 ft well... Can this Sea doo do that? If not, should I be looking at other options? How much of a beating can this ski take?

Thanks,

Nathan

No issue at all. I recently move from Lake Erie to FL. Rode on Erie for 40 yrs. my 09 RXT-X 255 SC ski was a blast there.

You will need to rebuild the SC if the seller can't PROVE it has been rebuilt as it will have ceramic washers that must be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issue at all. I recently move from Lake Erie to FL. Rode on Erie for 40 yrs. my 09 RXT-X 255 SC ski was a blast there.

You will need to rebuild the SC if the seller can't PROVE it has been rebuilt as it will have ceramic washers that must be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've checked and no worries on the washers. Those have already been replaced. That's awesome to know that your 09 did so well there! So you had no problems getting up out of the water?

See I've jumped on a 94 GTX and that machine always took it like a champ! Even when I missed the mark and landed at the bottom of the well, the worst thing that happened was the fin ripped off. I was worried about worse things happening with the RXT that weights nearly twice as much as the older GTX.

Thanks for your help! It's good to see that the newer machines are built with the same, indestructible quality.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back