it's what's for dinner...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
well, this is the start of today's hickory smoked - bacon wrapped - deer ham ..... this is a pic from 8:30 am. , , i will smoke for about 6 hrs, wrap it up and and maybe another 3-4 hrs .... also, gonna do 2 whole chickens ....

here was the marinate i made up -- marinated about 12 hrs - overnight ...

1 deer ham, trimmed neatly
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon cayenne red pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup olive oil

Last edited by a moderator:
well, its 10:30 now, 2 hrs in -- what do you think ???

also, i forgot, i added the chopped onions and a very little bit of brown sugar under the bacon ....

well , 3:00, now the chickens are done, falling apart -- cut out backbone to butterfly birds, then cooked in oven at 400 for 45 minutes, seasoned and smoked for 2 1/2 hrs, ham will be done around 4 o'clock or so, bacon was just used for a layer of fat and flavor, looks burnt and hard, but actually the bacon is soft, but, we aint eatin the bacon .. lol

well , 3:00, now the chickens are done, falling apart -- cut out backbone to butterfly birds, then cooked in oven at 400 for 45 minutes, seasoned and smoked for 2 1/2 hrs, ham will be done around 4 o'clock or so, bacon was just used for a layer of fat and flavor, looks burnt and hard, but actually the bacon is soft, but, we aint eatin the bacon .. lol

Dang! Cut into that hind quarter...I wanna see!

alright, we removed the bacon, and let it rest for 45 minutes, we removed a portion to cut up and eat dinner, --- so what do you think ???
man , juice rolled out of it ... i think the marinate, along with the bacon, gave it a layer on top so it stayed real moist ....

i am real pleased, and this turned out to be a real good marinade

alright, we removed the bacon, and let it rest for 45 minutes, we removed a portion to cut up and eat dinner, --- so what do you think ???
man , juice rolled out of it ... i think the marinate, along with the bacon, gave it a layer on top so it stayed real moist ....

i am real pleased, and this turned out to be a real good marinade

Looks wonderful. Gonna try that the next deer I put in the freezer.

Grizz,

I showed the mrs your recipe. She told me, "better quit huntin horns and put another deer in the freezer"....heh

A little late, but it was prime rib for dinner on Christmas eve, and a snack later that night, and lunch the next day.

191.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Yum Rib-Eyes, and 8 inches of fresh white gold (snow) as a side. Worked up a nice appetite running the snow blower.

19.jpg

Lol, I ran out half way through and had to swap a tank. I grill all year no matter the weather.

Sorry, no. Finished off the last of my venison a few weeks back. But I've copied the entire thread for next year. Even just now got finished showing a relative up north of me. She's given me permission to harvest a few for her next year and she's looking forward to trying it out as well!

First trip down the shore this year. Opening the house up and hit our local favorite seafood joint a few towns over. I of course chose the all you can eat buffet. I had several plates of stone crab, shrimp, blackened grouper, jambalaya tilapia, mahi-mahi parmesan, mussels marinara, stuffed shrimp, devil crab cake. I ate like a king, all while sitting dockside.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

The mrs. went to her sister's for a few days....asked if I could fend for myself.

This went on at 1030am.

8.jpg

R2B, nice dinner....Sorry but I looked through your pics......what's the story behind the right thumb and stitches?
Fish hook???

Grills first use.

Got tired of buying grills every year and wife said why not build one.
:facepalm:

Here are the first bricks

Half way there

Time for grilling flank steak, stuffed hamburgers and good old hot dogs and sausages.

Back