it's what's for dinner...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

red2blue

90.jpg

One of my favs, not last night either. This is my kinda thread.

Chicken Pizza Cheesesteak with pepperoni on a Liscios long roll. Oh so tasty.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381153835883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381153835883.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381153846409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381153846409.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381153855708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381153855708.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381153865926.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381153865926.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 53
Easy tonight. Ham and broccoli.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381181025055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381181025055.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 28
here is a recipe one i got in email last week, a new one out for charbroil ...i havent tried it yet.. http://live.charbroil.com/articles/tag/bacon-wrapped

man, i'm gonna like this thread i believe , in florida, we grill like at least 4 days a week, that other meat was on a smoker -- a smoker is the best for quality bbq, along with hickory wood ....
we cook on gas, i bought a big easy last year, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Bro...-and-Grill-12101550/202018216#.UlMrrdL2ZCIand it works real nice on turkeys, chickens, and ribs, and i tried a pork butt, but a butt, nothing compares to a smoker grill

This is a great thread! I cook with a Traeger Lil tex elite. I smoke ribs turkeys you name it. Also have Weber spirit gas grill. Oh also a Weber platinum one touch charcoal kettle grill. I use cheery wood for most smokes.

This is a great thread! I cook with a Traeger Lil tex elite. I smoke ribs turkeys you name it. Also have Weber spirit gas grill. Oh also a Weber platinum one touch charcoal kettle grill. I use cheery wood for most smokes.

I've used a Traeger.....did a quality job...relatively simple to use...but OMG!.....$

It was not a impulse purchase I bought one from my local ace hardware store and it was one that was made in the Usa and not china. He gave me a little off the price since I ran a promotion in my store. I am in the Jewelry business and if you bought a Diamond from me I would give you a Weber gas grill. I bought like twenty grills from him It was a hit because the guy got something to.

The one I used..sold also at Ace...listed for $999. Each bag of pellets...$20.

I can buy half a cow or pig, the charcoal and the char-griller to cook it...plus a few tubs of rub and sauce...for what that would set me back. Another thing I wasn't too keen on...not a lot of room above the grate. Beer can chicken would be impossible.

On the plus side....you set that Traeger at 175*...and it'll keep it at that temp +/-20* for as long as the hopper has pellets.

Jerky is very easy to do on that Traeger...unlike my simple Char-Griller.

I agree about the pellets. it can go threw them pretty quick. It is nice on long smokes not having to check on the temp. Also I can fit two beer can chickens and they fit just perfect. I have done a 14 pound Turkey also. If you have not smoked a turkey you have to try it. It is amazing! As far as cost I have had the grill about four years now and I keep it in the garage just because I dont want the weather to turn in to a $1000 rust bucket. I can send you the recipe for the turkey if you want. It is really simple and you wont be disappointed. My girlfriend has me do a couple a year.

You can tell where I ate tonight

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381531188536.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381531188536.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381531209569.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381531209569.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 37
I agree about the pellets. it can go threw them pretty quick. It is nice on long smokes not having to check on the temp. Also I can fit two beer can chickens and they fit just perfect. I have done a 14 pound Turkey also. If you have not smoked a turkey you have to try it. It is amazing! As far as cost I have had the grill about four years now and I keep it in the garage just because I dont want the weather to turn in to a $1000 rust bucket. I can send you the recipe for the turkey if you want. It is really simple and you wont be disappointed. My girlfriend has me do a couple a year.

Re the beer can chickens....You must have a different model than the one I used.

As for smokin turkeys...oh hell yeah. I did one a few years back....started the grill in the wee hrs...went hunting. At about 10am I could see guests showing up so i got out of the tree and came home. My bird was done...perfectly. The oven roasted bird had a lil while more to go. Supper was set for 2pm. At 1:30pm her bird came outa the oven...at 1:45 we lost power. With no game to watch...and all the fixins done..we set to it. My 12lb smoked turkey...shined...almost. Even my m-i-l had to admit...my bird was the tastier of the two.

After supper...with no game to watch...we shot clays in the back yard for a coupla hrs. One of the best Thanksgivings I can remember.

Carne Asada tonight, maybe roll it up into fajitas. Can't wait, still on the grill.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381616094946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381616094946.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 31
The wife has ribs cooking in the crock pot right now for dinner with some Sweet Baby Rays:drool5:

I always loved puting country style ribs in the crock pot. no sauce for the first few hrs...drain off the fat...then smother for the next 1Hr +.

My mrs has a pot roast in our crock pot tonight. I'll clean up a coupla rifles as we watch the denver game then....strap up and set to.

Heh

damn, im stuck with chicken, spinach, mushroom, lasagna ,....
first layer is 3 grilled chicken breasts, cut up and 1 block of pepper cheese grated , then 1/2 can of italian tomatoes spread over it, then, second layer is 1 bag frozen spinach, and 1 - container of sliced fresh mushrooms, then spread out other half of can of italian tomatoes, then on top, go to deli and get 8 slices of the the pepperoni, the big slices and put on top, and add sauce, also start with sauce as you do when making lasagna ...... no rigata cheeese ... we dont like rigata :thumbsup:

Cheeseburgers, fries and mozzarella sticks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381699390971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381699390971.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381699401347.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381699401347.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 18
HA....it's pizza time for me tonight. Just got off work at 6pm and the wife is still in Florida for another 2 days.

Hopefully I'll watch the Tigers beat up on the BoSox again tonight.

Man....all the above dishes look great.....

About that game last night, huh Seadoobuddy? Lol. The first pic I saw of ribs on the grill, I almost had a heart attack. No no no. Living in Kansas City that is a sin :)

damn, im stuck with chicken, spinach, mushroom, lasagna ,....
first layer is 3 grilled chicken breasts, cut up and 1 block of pepper cheese grated , then 1/2 can of italian tomatoes spread over it, then, second layer is 1 bag frozen spinach, and 1 - container of sliced fresh mushrooms, then spread out other half of can of italian tomatoes, then on top, go to deli and get 8 slices of the the pepperoni, the big slices and put on top, and add sauce, also start with sauce as you do when making lasagna ...... no rigata cheeese ... we dont like rigata :thumbsup:

That look delicious. I ain't into ricotta, either.

Back