Islandia finally fixed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigwhizdad

I joined this forum over a month ago to see if anyone else was having the problem i had. I own a 2001 Islandia and was having a lot of problems trying to keep it running. It would start and run for a maximum of 10 seconds and die. I figured it was fuel but that all checked out okay. Finally took it to a repair shop who diagnosed the problem as the ignition switch. Problem was the switch comes with the harness so that by itself was a $300 expense. It took a month, yes, a month, for the dealer to order the right part (took two tries) receive it and install it. That did solve that problem. However, when i hooked the trailer up I noticed I no longer had a wire harness. Somehow when the moved the boat around the shop the ripped my harness off. They fixed it, but I need to find a new Sea Doo shop. The last two shops have made me very wary. The previous shop, an authorized Sea Doo place, serviced my boat but forgot to tighten the fuel filter. Had it in the middle of the river before I realized I was spewing gas all over the engine compartment.

Whizdad,

I feel your pain. I've gone through many trials and tribulations and some others on here have. I like my boat and I think BRP makes some innovative stuff but something is lost in the effort. Is it the motorcycle shops that service boats? Is it poor quality control? Is it poor management at BRP? I dont know but its a shame and you'd think in this tough economy that companies would be working extra hard trying to impress customers. Lots of boat companies out there hungry for business willing to bend over backwards for the customer.

I sincerely hope you get all your issues straight and have a summer free of issues. After your experiences you deserve it! And yes, get a new dealer at all costs!

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back