Islandia boat cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigwhizdad

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good cover on my 2001 Islandia? When I bought the boat, new, the cover that came with it had a real funky mounting system. I complained to no avail when the plastic tabs on the top of the poles kept breaking and finally the real pole ripped through the cover. The next one I purchased had three poles, in my opinion not too much better than the original. Is there something else out there that will work well and not deplete my bank account?

Islandia Cover

I recommend going with a custom "Poppy Company" cover. I 've had mine on my 2001 Islandia for a year now and love it. Terrri Poopy is a joy to work with and the price is very reasonable. See the post below. Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------

Hey fellow Doo'ers! I am Terri from Poppy Company. I see you are all talking about my covers. I am one of you, an old Doo'er. I have a cover for every model of Sea-Doo PWC and Sea-Doo Boat. If you have any questions about covers or cover fabric, I am happy to answer them, I know all the models and how they fit. They are high quality, all in stock and I ship daily.

Have a question about how to clean them, waterproof them, what ever. Just ask. I'm an old racer so I have tons of experience and know all the fabrics and fits out there. Thanks for the complaments on my covers. I appreciate all of you!

Happy Dooin' and keep up the great posts, this Seadooforum.com rocks, its fun to read!

Terri,
Just took delivery on our new Islandia Thursday. My husband and the dealer drove it to Lake Whitney where it will stay, about a 2 hr. drive. First hr. it was raining VERY HEAVILY. Arrived somewhat wet inside, not pools, but not perfectly dry either. Large garage fans were aimed at it. Later, cover was partially removed so that fan could be moved closer and be more effective. I didn't know covers, at least those that come with it originally, were porous. I guess waterproof is possible , but has to be a treatment applied later? I'm a total freak-out when it comes to the possibility of mildew and am having a very hard time coping with what has happened on transport day. Thanks for your comments...

Terri,
Forgot to also mention this concern --- nothing was done when it arrived concerning the bimini cover in its case. If this was wet, should it have been removed from its case and raised? That was not done. When we take the boat out in June, are we likely to find a smelly, fouled bimini cover because it was not properly dried? I don't know how much we can count on fans to have dried things out enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back