2003 Islandia Engine Hatch Hinge issue.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveiobst

I recently bought a 2003 Islandia. The engine compartment gas lift supports were shot and the guy I bought it from had made a real nice wood "proppin' stick" to keep lid open. I should also mension that the air vent/ducting built into the inside of this lid has considerable interference with the front lip of the engine compartment opening when you open or close the lid. I assumed the interference was potentailly caused by the lack of lift force from the struts. I purchsed replacement lift support struts and installed. Now that there is proper force to support the lid from the struts the lid still has interference but even worse now when the lid comes down the latch pin is roughly 2inches short of its locking hole. If I disconnect the struts the lid can align and latch.

Has anyone else had similar issue? I am starting to think that the round tubing of the engine hinges has been bent slightly and no longer provides the proper position of the lid (cause for interfernce when openeing). Does anyone know the angle of the hinges or have one off their boat that they know is good and have dimensions of the curve of that tube?

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back