impeller play

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reardon41

Hey guys so we took my buddies 96 xp out the other day and notice it was cavitating really bad. Wouldnt even get to plain, just bounce off of rev limiter. After pulling off the jet pump to check it out i noticed that the impeller has no "lateral" play. Im confused because everyone says there should be a little play but i cant find anything about no play at all. Would it be ok to replace the wear ring and not touch the bearings?

We also found these shims on both right side studs that hold the jet pump housing in place.. anyone ever seen these before? If so why were they only on 1 side?

Would i still need them even if im going to be re aligning the engine once my tool comes in? Also do you have any input on the impeller not having any play at all? Thanks!

I would think that they are there to align the pump with the hull VS the engine with the pump which would be done afterwards.

Or maybe they were the easy way to align the pump to the engine already bolted down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back