Impeller damage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
While riding a couple of weeks ago, my brother managed to get get some serious rocks jammed in the impeller. So solidly stuck that it locked up the drive shaft and killed the engine. This is for my 2017 GTI SE (small engine)

20210707_180538.jpg
20210707_180550.jpg

So I've got a couple of questions...

#1 - I'm sure that I need to replace the impeller. Should I just get an OEM impeller or would there be any real improvement (top speed and acceleration) for this model with going with a more aggressive impeller? (Top speed is around 40 mph)

#2 - I need a removal tool and I've looked at several different shops online but I can't find one that clearly states my year & model. I need help finding one. (I would also buy one that fits my 2018 GTR 230 if different than the one for the GTI)

Just found out there was a considerable amount of water inside the cone. Should I be worried about that having caused more problems? Do I need new seals? I know I should clean out that area remove the old grease, etc. What type of grease should I put back in and how much?

20210707_185448.jpg

20210707_185459.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back