Impeller change tools... priceless!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael211_2000

Here's the ideal combination of tools to change your impeller... an old hitch drawbar (minus the ball), a 1/2" drive breakover bar, a 1/2" drive 12mm socket, and a piece of 12mm allen wrench (cut off 2 inches long with a dremel and cutoff wheel), and the impeller change tool.

SeaDoo Impeller tools and starter relay 001.jpg

Have a local muffler shop weld the impeller change tool to your old hitch drawbar. Now all you need is a vehicle with a hitch receiver and you're in business... no mess no fuss. :thumbsup:

- Michael

Wasn't all my idea... I just added the 12mm socket, break over bar and cutting off part of a 12mm allen wrench. Easier than finding a pipe to use as a cheater bar with the allen wrench. I don't have a bench vise anchored well enough to clamp the impeller change tool too, so this worked better for me. :)

I read about welding the impeller tool to a drawbar somewhere. Seemed like a good idea to me and I needed a new draw bar anyhow (this one's gotten a bit rusty).

- Michael

Great idea! I'll be making mine this weekend, after sucking up a rope on the 4th the wife has authorized the creation of a mobile response kit so she doesn't have sacrafice her boat time :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back