Impeller Boot On A Skat Trak???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffitis

So I'm replacing the little nose boot between the driveshaft and impeller, but when I picked up the new boot & ring it doesn't look like it will fit my Skat Trak impeller.
From what I've been able to find it looks like the Skat boot is the same as the OEM boot (according to their web site). But I just don't see how this will fit without distorting.

Suggestions? Input? Help?

From L to R - OE Ring, OE Boot, What's left of the old boot

Jet Drive 016.jpg

Mine is a single OEM piece that looks more like your last one on my 98 Sportster 1800 w/717's. Even putting the first one togother might work work, but it look longer the one that's damaged.

Those things do fit very tight putting the drive shaft in. On my Polaris putting in the Nujet boot was a bitch didn't look it it would fit until I greased the inside real good. Grease it up good an see how it fits or warm up it some to soften it. Your only trying to keep the water out.

You should be able to call them up and get a boot from them or ask Skat Trak for sure they use an OEM one. The last Skat I put on a differnet ski the boot looked different the OEM, but I am not sure if the OEM would work. Didn't try it.

Thanks Howie. A call to Skat Trak USA confirmed that the OE nose boot will NOT fit a 17-22 Skat Trak Swirl impeller. I was told however that they'd ship out the new nose boot at minimal to no cost. So, do I upgrade to an aluminum nose sleeve, or just go with the rubber boot?

I just ran into the same problem installing my skat trak swirl on a 96 XP. Did you end up getting your boot from skat trak?

I received my boot from skat trak but they didn't send the ring. The OEM ring fits very loosely over the skat trak boot whereas it was pretty snug on the OEM boot. Does this sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back