95 Speedster Internal Driveshaft Boot Spinning Put A Hole In My Boat :(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cable_Guy

Hey guys,

I was out with my boat a few days ago and sadly something has happened to the internal driveshaft boot area inside my boat on one engine

I noticed something felt weird opened the engine compartment and saw the boot spinning on my passenger side engine the clamp head actually dug a hole right through the dang hull tons of water was coming in luckily I was only like 50ft from the dock now I have a hole about the size of my thumb :( I started to attempt a fiberglass repair today will see how that goes but now I am trying to sort out what part I need to fix the drive shaft boot that is spinning.

The clamp on the side closer to the rear of the boat I loosened to take a look just feels like there is nothing left to clamp to compared to the other engine there is not much material inside the hose area to clamp too almost seems to be all warn away could be because it was spinning pretty good for a few mins before i noticed something was wrong I was just driving slow to get outside of the no wake zone and as tried to light it up thats when noticed something was not right

Overall has been a very reliable boat for me owned it about 6 years and always had it maintained and winterized by our local seadoo dealer this is the first big issue ive had just baffled by the design why would they design the boat in a way that if the boot fails the clamp is in a position that it will just dig a huge hole into the hull... just wondering if I should attempt this repair myself as they often are rather expensive for most work completed

I feel confident that I can take it apart just need to know what to remove :p Do i just remove the jet drive then pull the impeller right out after I loosen all the clamps any other seals I should be ordering while im in that area

To access the bottom side of the hole I can take the bottom grate off and reach inside to sand but if I need to remove the jet drive and impeller to fix the driveshaft it will make my fiberglass repair job easier

I found a rebuild kit just want to make sure im ordering the right parts as prime season is here and want to avoid as much downtime as as I can

Sea-Doo Boat Internal Driveline Rebuild Explorer/Speedster/Sportster 77-102 SBT | eBay

Attachments

• 20210606_135247.jpg
    20210606_135247.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210606_135400.jpg
    20210606_135400.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210606_135552.jpg
    20210606_135552.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210606_135318.jpg
    20210606_135318.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 23
I was hoping I could just take off this hose to replace the hose because even the hose is now too short it burned off some of the hose spinning when the clamp can loose what a mess lmfao

the boat runs great I think the clamp was just a little loose and it created this disaster hopefully not too much involved to get that shaft off so I can put the new ring on

Okay, your pto bearing unfortunately seized, which is why seadoo changed to the non greasable carbon ring,.
Pull the pump, remove the shaft, install the kit, replace the seized bearing and 2 seals on the coupler, more better, you can buy a complete pto to save you changing out the 2 seals and the bearing, install the shaft and pump, grease the new pto, and you are on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back