1996 Seadoo SP aluminum Impeller Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Leifinator

With my 1996 Seadoo SP, it is the ONLY model that uses an aluminum impeller with an 18.5 pitch, 140mm.

I've searched online but cannot find a used one or an OEM new one - they don't make them.

The current one is chipped up a bit, so I plan on taking it out and using a file to sharpen the edges of the blade and remove anything on the blades. My question is - can I use a different impeller? There are stainless steel impellers for other models, but they have different pitches - they list two numbers like 11/16 or other pitch numbers - not sure if using a steel impeller will alter the weight/drag/wear on the engine or shaft or anything. I was going to install a new wear ring, which I have in the freezer, but looking at the impeller from underneath shows the damage to the impeller and so I thought I'd order one and do both at the same time, rather than tear it apart twice. It also looks like the housing on the back was sealed on tight with silicone of some kind - not sure how hard it is going to be to get it off after removing the bolts - my 1992 GTS wouldn't come off. Any suggestions on how to get it off if it is stuck? I saw someone online used a 2X4 as a brace with some longer 13mm bolts into the housing to crack down on and basically pull it backwards by tightening the bolts with the 2x4 resting up against the back of the ski hull.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm planning on getting impeller out and filing down the edges and hopefully it will help with the cavitation that I am experiencing, causing a loss of "get up and go" and top speed.

Thanks!

The prop I'm trying to replace has a number of 271000016 (also noted as 271 000 016 in manual)

Call Impros.
You can't match pitch numbers from different brands as there is no standard.

Aluminum is crap for impellers, do not spend money on another aluminum one.

Back