I just want to say thank you!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoDawg73

To all you selfless people who help me and others, I am so grateful. Just wanted to share what a blessing you have been to me and my family!

My family and I put about 40 hours on our 99 GTX Ltd over a three week span of vacation. We loved it! My wife used her daily ride as therapy to help her deal with missing her dad who passed many years ago. My daughter took rides with her long time friend, and she loved it! And I went for a morning ride almost every day. It was my alone time to think and pray and relax.

The joy and excitement and rest our family experienced over those three weeks were due in large part to the selfless crew on here who take time to help a perfect stranger rebuild his Seadoo.

I can’t say thank you enough!

Ken

IMG_0503.JPGIMG_0459.JPGIMG_0432.jpg

Nice ski. So many people like that color. :) I have one in my restoration group. Very good, very good bottom end and enough on top for some good speed.

To all you selfless people who help me and others, I am so grateful. Just wanted to share what a blessing you have been to me and my family!

My family and I put about 40 hours on our 99 GTX Ltd over a three week span of vacation. We loved it! My wife used her daily ride as therapy to help her deal with missing her dad who passed many years ago. My daughter took rides with her long time friend, and she loved it! And I went for a morning ride almost every day. It was my alone time to think and pray and relax.

The joy and excitement and rest our family experienced over those three weeks were due in large part to the selfless crew on here who take time to help a perfect stranger rebuild his Seadoo.

I can’t say thank you enough!

Ken

View attachment 50266View attachment 50267View attachment 50268
God is Good, Amen

By and large....it is always better to Give than Receive.....Pretty much all "Seadoo forum members" are freely willing to give away everything or anything that we know (or think we know), any information shared COULD be helpful, a simple germ of an idea may be all it takes for you to figure something out or cause you to think/take a different path to a solution......or at best SAVE you time and money from going down a rabbit hole (that we may have already been down).

PASS it forward! and it'll usually come back to you multiplied.

LIFE is too short to waste, so enjoy every waking moment while you can.

Life is short.

I busted my butt to get my xp from a junk pile to running machine in time for my best friend to get a ride. By the time I got it going the brain cancer had spread enough to the point where I parked the xp and sat with my friend as he wasted away. My two year old nephew never got a ride before I zipped up his body bag in the emergency room....

You never know when life will end.

Enjoy the ride, give thanks to the Lord for the life you have, go out and enjoy what you have around you.

Good deal I have the same year in the same color. Pulled the cylinder off 20 minutes ago, I need to find your thread. But that back nut on the exhaust.. What was they thinking Old 717s have spoiled me.

You’re in a great place! Water looks clean. Nothing like a daily ride to bring a smile on the face. Sometimes I prefer my 2003 Sea-Doo to my 2018. Take great care of it and you’ll keep for years!

Life is short.

I busted my butt to get my xp from a junk pile to running machine in time for my best friend to get a ride. By the time I got it going the brain cancer had spread enough to the point where I parked the xp and sat with my friend as he wasted away. My two year old nephew never got a ride before I zipped up his body bag in the emergency room....

You never know when life will end.

Enjoy the ride, give thanks to the Lord for the life you have, go out and enjoy what you have around you.

Wow, I am so sorry for your losses. I can’t imagine the pain you’ve experienced.

The hope I have is that You will get to see them again when God makes all things right in the end. Hang in there brother!

Good deal I have the same year in the same color. Pulled the cylinder off 20 minutes ago, I need to find your thread. But that back nut on the exhaust.. What was they thinking Old 717s have spoiled me.

[emoji23] I didn’t even try to do it with the carbs on. I didn’t have a chance. Pulled the carbs first and they were the last thing to go back on!

One of my funnier (and most frustrating) moments of the entire restoration was putting the pipe back together. Got both joints all ready with the orange permatex and dropped a bolt under the engine about 7 minutes into it! Had to pull it all apart and rush like crazy to get all the permatex off before it dried because I had no idea wheee the bolt was!! Fun fun fun. Round two went a lot easier!

That area looks BEAUTIFUL.

I'll send the offer out to you that I give to everyone else here. If you ever make it to Fairbanks Alaska in the summer time shoot me a PM and I'll make sure to get you out on the river for a cruise and a burger.

Last edited:
Great post! I had that exact ski and color. Bought it new in 99. I traded it in 2001 for the "new" DI model. Sometimes I wish I didn't do that.

I'll send the offer out to you that I give to everyone else here. If you ever make it to Fairbanks Alaska in the summer time shoot me a PM and I'll make sure to get you out on the river for a cruise and a burger.

That would be awesome! I’ve been to Alaska once. Loved it. Went to Anchorage then flew in for a King Salmon fishing trip. Can’t remember where that was:). Beautiful country up there!

Man, that is an awesome video. I would ride that every day. I love rivers, but all the ones around me are no wake. Pretty cool!

Man, that is an awesome video. I would ride that every day. I love rivers, but all the ones around me are no wake. Pretty cool!

I ride it once or twice a week. On the weekends it's tradition for people to float the river in canoes, rafts, kayaks but you never see tubes since the water is too cold. You have to know where the channel is in areas or you will be eating rocks. If you rewatch the video just as I'm passing the sternwheeler you can see it's wake start to curl about ten feet off to the right, the water is inches deep and all sand on the right side of that straight stretch. Glad you liked the video.

That would be awesome! I’ve been to Alaska once. Loved it. Went to Anchorage then flew in for a King Salmon fishing trip. Can’t remember where that was:). Beautiful country up there!

Resized_20170706_134130_004_01.jpeg

Summit Lake about three hours south of here. Our snowmachine area is in the distance, just look up "Arcticman ski-snogo race" on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back