I just found out there's a recall on 2011 Speedster and Challengers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just talked to my dealer and he said that if you bought the boat after June 2011, this recall should be done on your boat.

That's nothing.... there's a timing chain recall too. (That's the one that will kill the engine)

Campaign #:2011-004

It's only supposed to be in the skis... but the last time I checked.... it was the same engine in the boats.

So... if that's number 4... and the levers are number 2.... what 1 and 3??

That's nothing.... there's a timing chain recall too. (That's the one that will kill the engine)

Campaign #:2011-004

It's only supposed to be in the skis... but the last time I checked.... it was the same engine in the boats.

So... if that's number 4... and the levers are number 2.... what 1 and 3??

Wooh.. Im going to call right now and find the scoop out.

Please post what you find out! ASAP!
I just bought a 2011 180 ChallengerSE and it's at Port Everglades for export (supposed to ship on Sunday). If I need to take this to a dealer, I need to know to delay the shipment!
Yikes!

I just talked to my dealer and he said that if you bought the boat after June 2011, this recall should be done on your boat.

Are you saying if boat was bought after June 2011 it needs the recall done or are you saying it has already been done (at factory prior to shipping)?
I'm hoping you mean the latter as the recall was issued in April 2011, so I would think boats sold after April are good to go, right?

Are you saying if boat was bought after June 2011 it needs the recall done or are you saying it has already been done (at factory prior to shipping)?
I'm hoping you mean the latter as the recall was issued in April 2011, so I would think boats sold after April are good to go, right?

if the boat was bought after April then you should be good to go. You can just call sea doo and confirm it too.

My boat got recall done in June 2011.

I just called seadoo and my boat doesn't require any recalls. :)

Call Seadoo BRP at 715-848-4957, with HIN, they tell you

Stop worrying about recalls... :cheers:

Now, Put your boat behind your tow vehicle and get in the water... Enjoy Enjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back