Speedster 150 Throttle / reverse lever lock

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acolquhoun

Hi all,

I have owned my 2008 Seadoo Speedster 150 for a few years now but recently found that the shifter lever was completely stuck. Not having enough time, I took it to the local seadoo mechanic who freed it all up again; however, I now appear to have no 'lock' to prevent the forward/reverse lever from moving when the throttle lever is engaged.

I tried using the boat like this, but I found it to be pretty dangerous (eg having a danger of it flipping into reverse when at full forward speed).
I've pulled the control box out to see if I can spot any missing parts as it feels like there is some kind of locking plate / bolt missing from the unit. I've studied the exploded parts view of the unit but still can't identify the piece that applies this 'lock'. Can anyone help at all?

I found a similar post where they mentioned a 3" curved piece of metal that had dropped out of the unit causing a similar sounding situation, but I'm still after as much info as I can get!
Throttle restrictor issue: 2008 Speedster 150

Interestingly, Seadoo had a full recall on 2011 models for a similar sounding scenario but no mention of the 2008 year model.

Thanks for any help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back