I found a great dealer in Florida!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rampage

Premium Member
Premium Member
I talked to the service manager at action kawasaki/ yamaha, about my problem with my 1997 GTi. It would free spin when trying to go from a dead stop or tight turns. With out looking at it he was pretty sure I just needed a wear ring. Told me I would be less then 250.00 for the repair. I dropped it off this morning at 9:00, and got a call it was all done at 11:00, and my total was 220.00, they even resurfaced my impellar and got the knicks out of it at no extra charge. They were slammed with customers and I didnt think I would get my ski back for a few days. Top knotch service from those guys, I would highly reccomend them to anyone. Ask for Danny if you call there.

http://actionkawasakiyamaha.com/Default.asp

I talked to the service manager at action kawasaki/ yamaha, about my problem with my 1997 GTi. It would free spin when trying to go from a dead stop or tight turns. With out looking at it he was pretty sure I just needed a wear ring. Told me I would be less then 250.00 for the repair. I dropped it off this morning at 9:00, and got a call it was all done at 11:00, and my total was 220.00, they even resurfaced my impellar and got the knicks out of it at no extra charge. They were slammed with customers and I didnt think I would get my ski back for a few days. Top knotch service from those guys, I would highly reccomend them to anyone. Ask for Danny if you call there.

http://actionkawasakiyamaha.com/Default.asp

know any in houston?

Update:

After the dealer put the new wear ring in, and I took it out it had the same problem...It would just cavitate but not really move. So I took it back in, and now they tell me that I need to have the pump rebuilt. They said when they checked it the first time the bearings seemed good, now they are no good. They said they would take care of all the labor if I just paid for the rebuild kit. Seems fair to me. I just hope it works this time. So far I am still very happy with this dealer.

I took a look at his ski today and noticed that one of the clamps was missing from the carbon seal bellows and that the engine was misaligned. I replaced both clamps and loosened the engine mounts and realigned the motor with the drive shaft and got the carbon seal to make proper contact. He took it for a test drive and realized it was taking on water. When we brought it back in we noticed that the engine had moved back to the original misaligned postion. After closer examination I realized that both the right side engine mounts broke loose. Why didn't Action Kawasaki catch this the first 2 times his ski was in the shop? So hopefully with new mounts we can get the engine to hold alignment and ensure a good seal on the carbon ring. If the carbon ring still continues to be a problem with cavitation or water intrusion we will either have to replace it with and updated part or install the early carrier bearing seal assembly. http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=14081

Last edited by a moderator:
Scale....you are the man!!!! Cant believe how good it runs now. I had a blast on it for the first time last night. I cant thank you enough for your help with my ski!!! Funny a certified SeaDoo tech could not figure this out, and you found the problem right away. I think the dealer should look over peoples ski's a little more carfully. I would much rather have spent a little extra money to have it fixed righ then to have them start throwing parts at it, and when I call back to say it still is not right, and they tell me thats impossible. Im glad it did not sink the other day when we took it out LOL...that scared the poop out of me.....Again thanks a million my friend :cheers: Now lets get out there this week and go ride.

I had allot of problems trying to find a good mechanic also, seems to be impossible in Florida!! So far I have had my boat to 3 different repair shops and have had problems with service at all 3!! My boat is running great now, but was just looking for simple maintenance service....I need to do the simple stuff myself from now on!!

Man that is Awesome that scale took care of you... Scale can you recommend a local mechanic in Wesley Chapel area.

Thanks

Guys for anyone that knows me knows I will not bash another shop, with that said I have had quite a few customers bring me their boats and ski's after action in bradenton and action on laurel rd in nokomis worked on them, the best I can think of is because they do not actually test ride/drive the ski/boat before and after therefore no one can ever fully know a problem is fixed in my opinion.

For those of you that may not know I run a auto and marine service and I do service seadoo's as well. I may not be the cheapest however the work is top notch. I also offer pickup and drop off service for vessels as well. There are some things I may not know but I will not guess and do not preform anything I am not sure of.

I have a customers 2000 rx with me right now getting a full over, new engine, pump work and many other problems fixed.

This year for the meet and greet I will bring some tools with me for small repairs if needed.

One system I do not have experience with is the rotary valve system.

Back