I am programming keys now!! $30+ship!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank's Nick for keeping us from spending $$$ on a MPEM that did not need fixing! And talk about fast turn around! Shipped it out on Tuesday, unit was tested Thursday and the MPEM, new post and keys shipped the same day (I opted for the extra key). Everything arrived Monday am!

Thanks again for your help with our toy.

Ed

Thanks Ed...glad to be able to save a guy from having to spend alot of money for no reason at all.

I have a 2015 gti limited can you reprogram my learning key to a regular key by chance? Guessing the keys are all the same just way they are programmed.. If so what's the cost for something like that if I provide my own key.

Sorry I dont do 4 strokes at this time.

Hi, I own a 96 Speedster with twin 85hp. It seems the key is worn out and will not make contact with the post to start the boat. I would like a new key. I am mechanically inclined but not so much when it comes to boats, what do I need to send to you and could you provide me instructions how to use this service. Also, if it does not turn out to be the key can I just buy a new post and replace it or does that have to be programmed too? Thanks Also I tried to PM you but it says you have too many stored messages.

Yup sorry emptied inbox...

You will need to take the black module out of the grey box and send to me. The post can be replaced without any programming.

My key was stolen last year, wish I would have seen this service before I bought the candoopro, but it's too late now. Called the dealer and they wanted 65 plus the new key, they were not sure they would be able to program the key and needed the ski as well. They would adjust the hourly rate depending if they were successful. No thanks.
I could use a new dess key but on your site it's not clear how much they are.

I just need a key, no programming neede now that I have the Candoopro . How much is just a key? Where is the website to order it? Thanks

I would like to use your service...I think. Picked up a 96 XP a couple of weeks ago. After cleaning various electrical connections I now get two beeps when I put the key on. When I run self-test, though, I get one long and one short beep.

The manual says that this code means the MPEM was never programmed to a key. Do I have to program the MPEM to the key? I store the key in the ski, so it's easy to steal either way.

Side note: It ran this way last week. Today I am working a presumed unrelated problem that results in no spark. I assume that this is unrelated to my key.

Yep. Turns out I was doing the self test wrong. Imagine that. Lots of wiring gremlins running around this machine. So far I replaced the main ground wire AND the red cable that goes to the starter. Looking at the CDI now, different thread.

Thanks for the reply.

Hey there,

Id like to use your service if you are still doing this - Please PM me pricing on the following:

1) I'd like to buy one key and have it programmed to my MPEM (97 GTI).

2) I have a second jetski (96 GTI) with a perfectly good working key. I'd like to send in this key with this MPEM as well and get both keys programmed for both skis.

Appreciate your assistance. Please let me know if you need any further details!

Hey I'd like to pay for your services, I just got 2 96 XPs, both only have one key. I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through, if you're still in the business shoot me a message back and we'll make it happen
Thank you so much in advance

Hey I'd like to pay for your services, I just got 2 96 XPs, both only have one key. I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through, if you're still in the business shoot me a message back and we'll make it happen
Thank you so much in advance

Yep, he's most definitely still in the business. I've already had several orders with him this season, including programming 8 keys. One of, if not the best guys in the business for sure.

I just got a 96 GTI that needs a key. Please let me know what I need to do and how much it will cost.
Thanks

Another satisfied customer of Minitonka4me, I sent him 2 Mpems and 1 key and ordered 3 more keys and some buzzers. He apologized for not getting them out same day! He got them on Friday and shipped them to me on Monday, both machines are back up and running again! All of this was cheaper than buy 2 keys and having them programmed locally and now all my keys work both machines!

a couple of years ago you tested my mpem. Dealer told me it was bad. You said it was ok. I was able to resolve the blowing fuse issue in harness #4 by unplugging and reattaching all the connections. Now it starts and runs up to 3370 rpm on the water and 4800 rpm on the trailer. The lanyard(s) do not beep at all when attached; the guage turns on. Do you think this is a key programming problem or something else.

If it is starting, it is not the key programming. Sounds like a carb/fuel line/fuel system problem. Or it could be the rectifier. What ski is it? Start a new thread with your problem.

2000 GTX DI. I did start a thread on revs limited to 3350. I was thinking Minnetonka might have some insight on the lack of beeps because he had once tested my mpem.

Beepers often die. If it starts, the DESS system is doing what it is supposed to do. If it is like a 96, you can get a replacement at Radio Shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back