I AM EFFFIN DONE I'm going to burn it and roast some hot dogs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykarpet

I have a 2003 GTI LE-RFI started off with no power to anything. Replaced MPEM, starter solenoid,battery starter relay and rectifier. Still no power no beeps nothing. All fuses are good batter is fully charged can't get nothing. I'm READY TO SET THIS THING ON FIRE!!!! please help

The first leg of power comes from the Stator. The one thing you didn't replace. It is testable. Common failure in 2-strokes.

negative battery cable, replace it.

I relocate all of mine up to PTO jug open hole. Works like a champ and will never get the possibility of being submersed like the factory has it down low by starter.

Stop take a break and grab a beer... or 3

Do you have a volt meter? A cheep DC meter can be bought at Harbor Freight, Auto Parts store, Walmart etc.

Turn the meter on, and turn the switch to DC _ Volts (DCV)

Place the red lead on the + of the battery
Place the black lead on the - of the battery
Do you read 10 - 12 vdc --- Yes move on, no replace the battery

Leave the black lead on the battery, and move the red lead to the rear E-Box where the starter solenoid is. (trace the big red wire). Do you have 10 - 12 volts (same as above) on the big lug of the solenoid ---- Yes move on, no replace red lead

Place the red lead on the positive on the battery, and the black lead on the engine block, somewhere where there is no paint. Do you have 10 - 12 volts (same as above)

Look on the negative post of the battery, are there 2 wires on it? a big and small?

Report back, and we can move on... The group here knows a lot on these skis

OK I replaced the battery cables. Every thing tests 12.9 volts. If you cross the solenoid the engine will turn over. But there is only one big wire on the negative post on the battery. I do not see another anywhere that has a ring connector on it. So it sounds like i'm missing a ground wire. Where does the small ground wire run from. The seadoo only has the one large mpem box and the coil is mounted on the bracket under the seat. Not like my other 2 that have the gray box up front and black box in the rear.IMG_20160723_084824067.jpg. I can't figure out I have tested all the wire and have power running to the mpem,the start button is working ok, I tested continuity and it is working when you press it. I purchased a new mpem,key,starter relay and rectifier from Nick at Westside powersports so all that must be good.

Do the correct year / size for your engine stator test. Ground for ski harness may be on a bolt on mag case. Check fuse holder in black E-Box with 15 amp in it. Ever filled with water it may be toast. Do Stator check first. Check all fuses with meter.

Get all bolted down connections shiny clean. Protect with Dielectric tune up grease. Pull apart connector plugs. Look for green powder. Do not put grease in plugs. They will not latch correctly. Use Q Tip stick no cotton. Put a little grease in stick and carefully coat plug pins. Not a lot. See above statement.

That is correct. One push of the button the gauges should come up and trim should work if you have it. Push it 5 times and it should beep at you.

I have a question for the experts. If I take this ski to an authorized dealer with a diagnostic computer even though it seems that I have no power anywhere, will they be able to tell me what's wrong? It's a two hour drive to my closest dealer with a computer and like $120 charge just to put the ski on it. Is it worth my time and money? Yeah if push the start button nothing happens no matter how many times I press it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back