2004 sea doo gti 720 died in water and won’t start at all now.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiffieMcDermit

I have a 2004 sea doo gti bombardier 720cc. Bought it form a friend who said they flipped the jet ski and couldn’t get it started. I bought a card rebuild kit and the jet ski would only run out of water and would have a hell of a time starting in water. It was running amazing. Took it out of the water and brought it back 2 days later. Took awhile but started in water. It seemed to be running fine at low speeds. Then started getting on it at full throttle and ran fine for a minute and started taking wide turns. Then it started jerking like it wasn’t getting gas for for 30 seconds and then died. I tried starting it and it would just crank but won’t start.

I’ve let it sit now for a year. I cleaned the card, cleaned all connectors, battery reads 12.3 volts and when I try to start the ski it drops to 10 volts. The head closest to the front of the ski is wet and looks dark, the other side looks like nothing is getting to it and clean. The rotary valve plate looks good and timed right. I’ve changed the spark plugs and seems like they get spark but not that great. I’ve pored gas down the carb and in the head and it ignites it and wants to seem to start but doesn’t and keeps cranking. All fuses look good. Grounds are clean and connected properly. Drained the gas tank and has new 92 clean octane gas. Fuel lines are good, card seems to gets gas. I get the normal 2 beeps when I put the dess key on and then the 4 normal beeps to tell you it’s still connected. I can her the the starter relay click when I put the key on.

I’m lost to why this ski isn’t starting. Wondering if the stator is bad, or if there is a tip over sensor which I can’t find, or if the starter motor is not fully working cause it does seem to not engage that great. But before it would start fine and it acts the same when it was running. Or the mpem isn’t sending a signal to fire right.

Is there something I’m missing or doing wrong? Is there anymore info I can supply so we can possibly get this 2 stroke beast on the water. Lol

So is the starter turning the engine over? Have you checked compression?
Sorry phone died and posted that. No haven’t done the compression test, But I have a compression tester on order. Starter does turn the motor over. But Ordered a new starter motor and a new voltage regulator.

If the starter turns the motor over then why would you replace it and the voltage regulator.

Don't just start throwing parts at it.

Well, that’s not good. 150 is a “new” reading, and at 125 the engine is done. Sounds like it’s time to open up the engine and rebuild or replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back