Hydro turf in OZ.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Corby

OK guys probably been asked before but here it is again. Where is the best place for quality and price, to buy hydro turf in Oz. Preferably in QLD. I want a kit for my 04 RXP. Yellow Camo would be really cool. Any help would be appreciated.

Cam.

hi, order the turf direct from hydroturf USA via website. I've had 2 orders, delivered in about a week or so for each of them. I tried ordering it through a dealer & got the run around. Very good products.
cheers

PWCMuscle.com will save you money when you use coupon code HYDRO15 you will get 15% off your order.

Hi Corby
Mate.The places the guys here recommend are good.
In Qld,the only place I know is jetskiparts.com.au on the Gold Coast.
Don't know about their prices but they have helped me a few times.They are not a dealer but a ski wrecker and spare parts.Hope this helps you.
Are you still on your feet after the big blow??Hope all is good
Crisso

Yeah not too bad after. Little bit of damage to my roof but should be all good. I will email jetskiparts and see what they have to say otherwise I will just go straight to the supplier in the states. Chhers man.

Just ordered my hydro turf from the states about a week back. Patiently waiting now! Many sites pwcmuscle and seadoosportboats have 15% off deals if your a member.

Premium members of this site also get 20% off turf.

Quick question when installing hydro turf. With the snap in carpet buttons. Once unscrewed do you need to bog them up or do you just laythe hydro turf strait over the open holes?

You're better off filling the holes with no more gaps/gap filler. The turf pre-cuts will not exactly cover all the holes. Using gap filler first will make the holes disappear. If you lay the turf first then cover the remaining holes you'll find some holes are half covered. The wet gap filler will quickly stain & ruin the turf. Bog first then lay. Also makes sure the boat is very clean & bone dry for the best adhesion.
cheers

I have swamp camo cut diamond going into a blue 2011 mdl

I will be putting the turf in before it hits the water

swamp camo turf set arrived today and WOAH doesnt it look diffrent to whats on the website. Unconvinced this will look good in a blue boat. should match the tan on the interior vynil but hmmmmmm. Was expecting Grey/Blue shades. Will see how it looks when/if it goes in.

2.jpg

Wow!

Definitely a red to tone through the colour. Would look good in the red boat, not sure with the blue. The website patch looks like a bluish grey base tone.
Good luck, hope It looks great
Cheers

I see more tan brown etc I reckon a black boat it would go best with. I would have liked the grayish tone as seen on the website! I hope it looks great too however we will need to wait and see. Have recommended to hydroturf to update their website so this doesn't happen to the next monkey.

Ok So managed to find some time to get down to the dealer today and laid out some pieces in the boat.

11.jpg

In my opinion the swamp camo goes great inside the boat. Is dark enough to hide a bit of dirt and the tan element works in well with the tan on the vynil aphulstory.

Where it looks very average is on the loading platform as the blue and camo colors do not work well together. Have got an email off to hydroturf to see if theres anything they can do for me regarding the inconcistency between colors on their website and real life.

I like it a lot! The reason I went for granite was the break up of colour adds a quality look to the foam. Yours definitely has that look. Very nice.
I have granite inside mine, & light gray on the swim platform. I also ordered a sheet of granite that I've put on the side walls of the swim platform. It ties the inside colour in well & makes the contrasting swim platform look in place.

Attachments

• IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 31
Thanks Davo, Im thinking those two neopreme pads up around the helm could be changed out to camo as well. Theres definetly alot of black in the 2011 models and up which work well with the swamp camo color.

I definetly want a light greyish color for the swim platform. Granite was actually my first choice but alas it is now discontinued.

Ok so just got off the phone to Megan at hydroturf, They are happy to swap out the rear platform to grey in cut diamond.

Thankyou Hydrodurf, Great company!

so the proceedure on a ski (2003 gtx) is to rip up the stock mats clean it thoroughly, bog up the holes with plastibond or similar? and wait for it to dry then put the hydroturf down , sticking it with what?

Back