Hull protectant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hopp

I've been removing the oxidation and polishing my speedster while I'm waiting for my carb rebuild kits and popoff tester.
Hull is shining well:
IMG_20200609_230910.jpg

Using first a light run with 3M super duty rubbing compound on a wool pad followed by Meguires 67 one step on a foam polishing pad.

My question is, what's the best protectant for the hull now for fresh water? Wax or some other product?

Any good quality marine wax will work. I personally use Duragloss 501 and Meguiar's flagship.

Just be careful about using it on any area you might step on. It makes the surface extremely slick

Thanks everyone!

I grabbed the Meguiar's flagship because I like their products and often use them when I detail our cars. It's really satisfying to see the hull shine and I can't wait until the carb kits and jet pump oil kits get here to be ready to hit the water.

3M also makes a wax and it smells really good too. I usually follow the rubbing compound with the their swirl remover then the wax just wipes on by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back