How to remove bolts on lower rear seat of 2005 Sportster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyzFunBoat

On a 2005 Sportster, how to you reach the two bow facing seat bolts that secure the bottom section of rear seat to the hull? These are screws #3 and #4 in my pictures. I can stand on my head in the engine compartment and reach #1 and #2, but using a 12" ratchet handle, the the others are about 4 inches out of my reach. I'm 5'9", so I don't have very long arms. Do I need a long armed person, a longer ratchet handle, or is there another tool/technique that anyone can recommend?

In case your wondering how these bolts were removed, someone else did it.

Attachments

• 4 screws holding bottom of back seat.jpg
    4 screws holding bottom of back seat.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 4 screws holding bottom of back seat-with seat removed.jpg
    4 screws holding bottom of back seat-with seat removed.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 20
On my 97 Speedster which has the same setup, someone had already removed these bolts luckily.The only way I could see to have a hope of reaching them otherwise was to remove the motors. I do not have the speakers but I second the speakers as the way with your particular boat.

It's been half a year did you ever get your bolts out ? I just did this a few weeks ago, I was able to reach while leaning over the seat. I'm 5'11 guess that's why I could reach it. See video I posted yesterday about the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back