How To Install an Anti-Theft Device on Your Personal Water Craft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ftDeep

Well, the stolen Sea-Doos were recovered. Stashed in the Northern most corner of the lake, they sat in a swamp for 2 weeks before being discovered. In this video we show how we installed our new SPOT Trace anti-theft tracking device on our PWC, so we never lose them again!

https://youtu.be/NEBP700J1jU

I saw the video....how does that unit work?
prevents starting?? can you track it on a cell phone app?

you have 2 thread on same subject.

calling [MENTION=43374]Coastiejoe[/MENTION] ...can you merge the 2 together ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. I'm not sure which one is more relevant, so feel free to delete the one you think is not as important. Thanks.

You can download an app to track it, but you can also view it online. We paid $120 CDN per unit, but got a $60 mail in rebate. We're also paying $8 US per month for the tracking. It uses satellite communication, so it's not limited to cellular tower range. The only thing to be aware of is it doesn't communicate through metal. It sees it in my garage, but probably wouldn't work in a car that's enclosed in sheet metal. So far I love it, and it's well worth the $$. I love how it sends me an email every time the ski starts moving. It then sends me its position every 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back