How To Replace The Battery On Your Sea-Doo Personal Water Craft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ftDeep

If your personal water craft battery is 5 years old or older, it's time to get rid of it. This video shows the basic steps needed to replace the battery on your Sea-Doo personal water craft, and keep your machine running safely and reliably.

A big thanks to Jet Skis International for giving us the battery!

https://youtu.be/MbroT47Q7FY

Nice video, as always. Wish I had this a year ago. Trying to figure it out without instruction of any kind will expand your vocabulary in short order.

Guess what happens when you drop one of those battery holdown screws into the hull.

The battery case floor must come out and you go fishing. I was so far into that forward hatch, it was actually difficult to get out.

An option is to go ahead and remove the battery case floor and thread some bolts in from the bottom. Then you have some studs to locate the battery case. Then the nuts can be started (by hand if they're small enough) and torqued down.

I also found it easier to snap off the wiring harness before removing the battery and case. A large screwdriver between the case and the harness bracket was very helpful. It snaps back on by hand with no tools as you show.

Thanks again, it really does take about 15 minutes when you know how it's done.

Thanks for the tips. What I edited out is me losing one of the battery holdout washers under the battery floor case. Chris had warned me to use some grease on the screw and washer to get it to stick to the socket, but I thought I'd take my chances. I never did fish it out from under the floor. The person who invents a magnetic stainless steel will deserve a Nobel Prize.

Thanks for the link. What kind of battery is everyone using to replace the old ones. I need to do mine soon. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back