How To Install an Anti-Theft Device on Your Personal Water Craft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ftDeep

Well, the stolen Sea-Doos were recovered. Stashed in the Northern most corner of the lake, they sat in a swamp for 2 weeks before being discovered. In this video we show how we installed our new SPOT Trace anti-theft tracking device on our PWC, so we never lose them again!

https://youtu.be/NEBP700J1jU

Great video. I'd be interested In a demo video of the device.....if you're taking requests...

Should have used a terminal without the plastic insolator. I had to fuel tank dive into a 747-400F because the factory soldered then crimped the connector to the fuel level sender( It Failed). Anyway, it would have made it easier not to have the plastic there when you soldered.
Everything looks great. Nice job.

Maybe add the dye packs the banks have. Lol.

What is a "fuel tank dive"? I envision using scuba gear to dive into a full tank of fuel on a jet plane. Thanks for the tip!

Should have used a terminal without the plastic insolator. I had to fuel tank dive into a 747-400F because the factory soldered then crimped the connector to the fuel level sender( It Failed). Anyway, it would have made it easier not to have the plastic there when you soldered.
Everything looks great. Nice job.

Maybe add the dye packs the banks have. Lol.

There's not much to show. You just turn it on and leave it alone. The only interesting part is the tracking software, which shows it as a dot on a (satellite) map every 5 minutes. You can view it online or on an iPhone app. For $8 US per month, it's money well spent in my opinion. Check out the SPOT Trace website for more info. Thanks for your comment, lamajama!

Great video. I'd be interested In a demo video of the device.....if you're taking requests...

What is a "fuel tank dive"? I envision using scuba gear to dive into a full tank of fuel on a jet plane. Thanks for the tip!

Not far off. Drained tanks and opened accesses top and bottom. Then the tank is vented with air. I suit up with a non-static suit and enter with external air supply hose with full mask. So kinda...

Let us know how the dye pack installation goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back