How to fix moving speedster in Neutral?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norb

Hello guys,

I have a problem or whatever you can call it with my Speedster 200 -07, when I get the Neutral in the boat is moving ALMOST like it was in FORWARD. How can I adjust this?

Thanks in advanced.

That's normal....just learn to play with the F/N/R lever and you can keep the boat in place with the engines running

There actually isn't a "Neutral" gear as such. The seadoo engines is always turning to pump water into the engines. The gate at the rear just redirects the water thrust to a side position so it isn't pushing you forward. it is common in all seadoos and nature of the beast.

Karl

I have the same problem, and I do understand that the pumps are always turning but isn't there an adjustment to get it close? My 230 Wake is doing 3MPH when the lever is in the center, I can troll while fishing. I would like to get it a little closer if possible, I have to hold the lever approx. 1.5 inches toward reverse. Thanks for any help.

I have the same problem, and I do understand that the pumps are always turning but isn't there an adjustment to get it close? My 230 Wake is doing 3MPH when the lever is in the center, I can troll while fishing. I would like to get it a little closer if possible, I have to hold the lever approx. 1.5 inches toward reverse. Thanks for any help.

Yeah I would also like to a bit more closer as its moves forward almost like in F gear. Its just to much I think, when I stand still I have to play a lot with Neutral vs Rear to get it still.

Adjustment

Technically, you could adjust your reverse bucket to be lower (then stock) when the lever is in neutral. there is only so much that you can adjust it though to ensure that it completely clears the nozzle while in forward. From what I understand (limitly), it is just a cable that physically moves the buck up and/or down.

You could talk to your dealer about it. It is normal for them to move forward due to the fact that there is no "gear" like in a IO or outboad. You could also look to see if your idle is set too high. My 2006 180 (215 SCIC) idles around 1000 RPM.

I would look at the gear lever as impulse drive (not 3 gears) and the power stick as warp drive. That might make it easier to deal/live with.

dootndo2

I know it sux, if your feeling right energetic:

Disconnect the shift cable at shifter, then you can make adjustments at the stern through hull fitting. There is a nut there and you can thread, you need to disconnect at the lever or order to allow the cable to turn. You can make small adjustments to get your neutral .. neutral. IMO do what all posters are explaining and just learn where you actually neutral is. I had replaced my shift cable last year and since then my neutral is about 2" from 'N'

Take it to your dealer, they can adjust it. Unfortunately, it isn't a perfect fix as it is a trial and error. They will adjust it and it will either improve or the boat might actually move backward. I had it done and it is better than it was before.

It's where the shift cable goes through the hull to the revers bucket. The nut is on each side of through hull fitting.

Not sure where the reverse bucket or cables go through, have never worked on this boat.

And to find a decent dealer that can play with this boat over here isnt also the easyest task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back