How much water is too much?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Magoo

After using my 2007 Speedster single engine all day I had about (I measured it) 3 quarts of water in the bilge. I noticed the water after I put the boat on the trailer. My automatic bilge float does not work and I did not turn it on that day. I did not remove the plugs until I sucked the water out (to measure it) of the boat. I may have gotten a little water from over the side from waves but I don't think very much. The total depth in the bottom of my boat was about 1/2 inch, mainly under the engine. Is 3 quarts something I should be worried about? Thanks

Last edited:
I'd keep an eye on it and log how much water you take out, on a day where <= the prev amount of waves were taken aboard.

If you see an increasing amount it may be cause for more investigation.
>>>Start by collecting more data

I have been collecting data. Water is coming over the side and draining through the locker door, I think the scupper is clogged. A couple of days ago I tried not to bring any waves over the side and there was roughly 1 quart in the bottom when I took the boat out of the water. I have a buddy that is an avid boater and he thinks everything is fine. We shall see. I am of the opinion that the bilge should be dry, but now I can see that these little boats take a lot of water over the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back