Too much oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Burner71

So yesterday morning I had my mechanic come out and replace my fuel pump. I did this because the boat never gets over 7400rpm ever. I read a few posts where it was the pump.
So after he replaced the pump he wanted to check the oil level. He said it looked a bit low and I saw him put some oil in that looked like quite a bit.
We headed out to lake, boat never got over 7100rpm, I figured it was because we had 5 onboard. I noticed coming back to idle under a bridge there was a slight backfire or knock. It went away under power. It did it a few more times during the day. Heading back to the dock was running 6900rpm for about 10 minutes then I noticed the rpms dropping and it started backfiring then it just died.
I started it back up and I was able to limp back at 2200rpm backfiring here and there.
Does this sound like over oiled? Im going to try and check it tonight, hopefully thats the issue and nothing major. I did not see any oil leaking anywhere or any smoke.

well it turns out the bearings in the supercharger seized.

so this week im going to start the upgrade to the 255hp version.

Turns out my new oem fuel pump kit had a bad fuel regulator as well.

This weekend my boat mechanic went ahead and installed an X-Charger and the bigger fuel injectors. I don't have all the piping for the intercooler yet so it's just those 2 upgrades for now. Going to try and give it a quick run tonight or tomorrow and I will let you guys know what it does.

Back