How much should I pay?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

the727kid

Hey how is it going? I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a Spark. I was quoted $5700 out the door for 2015 Spark Base model. There is about $700 of dealer fees he is adding on. What are you guys paying for your base sparks?

Also they are trying to sell some "misting system" and maintenance package which I think are probably BS. I work on cars daily and I see no reason why I couldn't take care of the ski.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thats the norm.. some dealers charge $599 but $699 isn't unheard of. The 2015s are hard to find now. Are you going to be doing a tune?

Thank you for the quick responses.

Have any of guys heard of this missing system? They said it installs under the hull and has a novel installed at the top where I can put in silicone and it keeps it clean.

Also I have the option for a used trailer at $1000, everything has been re-done on it, new tires, bearings, lights, eat, or a new galvanized one with LED lights, and some other fancy stuff for $1400. (This trailer is for two jet-skis)

Thank you for the quick responses.

Have any of guys heard of this missing system? They said it installs under the hull and has a novel installed at the top where I can put in silicone and it keeps it clean.

Also I have the option for a used trailer at $1000, everything has been re-done on it, new tires, bearings, lights, eat, or a new galvanized one with LED lights, and some other fancy stuff for $1400. (This trailer is for two jet-skis)

My guess is they are talking about this, i don't personally see this being of major benefit but if they are throwing it in or it's super cheap.... And get the single trailer unless a second ski is in the very near future easier to pull and store
http://www.seadoocentre.com/spark-engine.html

I am almost positive it is that. Looks like something I can add on later... thank you! Do you know the price on the kit?

I am getting a double trailer because a long-term friend will also be buying one and we are going to split the cost of the trailer.

For future reference for anyone searchin, the fogging kit is $35.50 AU dollars + shipping. Went to another dealer yesterday and they were able to offer 2 base 2016 sparks and a brand new trailer for 13k out the door... I am trying to see if they can throw in some lifevests as well. I have one more place to try, but I don't think they will beat that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the norm.. some dealers charge $599 but $699 isn't unheard of. The 2015s are hard to find now. Are you going to be doing a tune?

Doing some research, it looks like you need to buy the Tuner tool and Tune. I see I am local to you, could I just buy the tune and have you guys install it?

Shop on craigslist for a nice used trailer. Here in Michigan you can find a nice "W frame" Shorelander in the neighborhood of $700-$800. Nice single place trailers can be had for less then $450. My buddy just bought a new Triton double jetski trailer for under $1500 OTD. This should save you some money, plus who knows they might make up another new fee for wanting to buy a trailer from them.

Ditto on what others said about getting a used trailer on Craigslist. My steel karavan trailer from 1998 rusted out pretty bad and needed some welding before it was safe to use again. I was able to find a 2010 triton aluminum double trailer for $1000.

Are you going to be doing a tune?

I will be.

I almost pulled the trigger on the ski before the holiday weekend, but didn't. I got the OK from the Better Half to pull the trigger. I want a tune as well, trying to figure costs before I go back to the dealership. Looking at the MaptunerX you guys have, I read that will work well, right? And is there anything else you would recommend?

Its the 3UP.

I will be.

I almost pulled the trigger on the ski before the holiday weekend, but didn't. I got the OK from the Better Half to pull the trigger. I want a tune as well, trying to figure costs before I go back to the dealership. Looking at the MaptunerX you guys have, I read that will work well, right? And is there anything else you would recommend?

Its the 3UP.

Yes, it will work very well. Swapping out the prop and intake are two other very popular mods for your model. Sponson kit for handling is a popular addition as well.
Sea-Doo Spark 12/17 Variable Pitch Impeller

Sea-Doo Spark R&D Filter Kit

Worx Sea-Doo Spark Sponsons

Very Cool.

Too cool maybe, Im afraid to go back and ask her for all of that, lol...

The impeller most def. Ill PM you for the tuner and the impeller.

Back