How do I siphon gas from a Islandia?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgaribay

Have a 2001 Islandia with 3 year old gas in it (did put stabilizer in it, but circumstances prevented me from taking the boat out the last three years). Tried to siphon old gas out, but something is stopping the hose from reaching gas tank. Any suggestions on how to get the old gas out?

Many thanks!!

Well, I think your easiest bet would be to pull the fuel balffle from the tank----IF possible. The lowest hose clamp is the one you want to loosen and then you can pull it up and out PROVIDED the fuel lines don't need to come off the baffle. What size hose are you trying to fit in there? I drained my Speedster tank years ago with I think a 1/4" fuel line, took a long while but it worked, but I also pulled the baffle

#6 is what you want to pull out

476.jpg

If it's a 1/4 tank or so. Fill it up with top grade and run it. I have done it on many many skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your want it out hook a 10' piece of fuel line to the res. on the baffle and suck it out over the side of the boat. Just get it started and wait hour or two. It will get most all of it out but does take time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back