How do you Siphon Fuel from a 2018 RXT-X 300?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

reach

I have 1+ year old gas sitting in a 2018 RXT-X 300 that I don't want to let sit all winter. Is it possible to Siphon from the top where you add the fuel? I have a siphon I bought from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5D2XZQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 but the hose is about 1/2 inch in diameter... I have a smaller diameter hose I bought from an Auto Parts store but I can't seem to get either to touch the gas. Is there something in the fuel line in these newer skis that prevents siphoning or are there any tricks to get down to the gas?

Checked Youtube, Greenhulk and this Forum and found some tips but after a solid hour trying to get the hose down to the gas with no success, I am feeling a bit hopeless. I am by no means a mechanical type of person so I do not feel comfortable taking anything apart and siphoning directly from the tank.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Use a stiff plastic hose about 1/4 inch diameter put it into the fill and twist it In.you won't get it all but some of it.other than that take it for one last ride with stabil and non ethanol fuel in it.

My method for years…remove the filler hose from the tank right at the tank…move it to the side,,,,drop the front end of the trailer,,,(the 3rd wheel)…this will bring all the fuel to the front,,,allow you to direct your siphon hose,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back