Fuel Consumption between 2018 RXT and 2023 RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

randr

Somebody tried telling me that a new 2023 RXT-X 300 burns less fuel than a 2018. Am I missing something or are they just wrong? It is the same exact engine and from what I can see nothing changed in the hull. Has anybody heard anything about this?
Thanks

It is possible they did remap the fuel system to meet stricter regulations on pollution coming out of the exhaust which in turn would burn less fuel.

You would think that improved technology would lead to better fuel economy engine mapping calibrations over time. Not sure 5 years is long enough to see noticeable improvements though… the improvements are very minimal year over year.

For what it is worth, and as an example, I have verified several times now that my 2007 GTI SE 155 gets pretty much identical fuel economy as my 2021 GTI SE 170. When both skis are ridden together for the same time period, I put identical amounts of fuel in both to fill them back up. But that is 14 years of improved fuel technology and ski design changes to equalize an increase in only 15 hp.

Thanks for the replies. I haver a feeling this person may have been mistaken. Or more likely didn't realize that a 2023 Rtx-x has a 2 1/2 gallon larger fuel tank than a 2018.

There is no such thing as a free puppy.

Unless something drastically changed, the output is the same and so will the fuel economy.

It is math and physics.

Back