How bad is this?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick76

New boat to me. While changing the drive fluid I decided to change the stator fluid as well..... look what I found.... my question to you guys is how bad will this effect performance? I wasn't able to test drive this boat on the water (only with a hose) so I don't know if I would notice anything or not... the impeller blades are in pretty good shape with only a couple minor dings... your thoughts?100_2727.JPG100_2728.JPG100_2729.JPG100_2730.JPG

That's not bad for a salt water boat.

I would clean up the bent/dented leading edges of the stator... clean the corrosion with a stainless brush... and give it a good spray of black Rustolium. (just put a towel in the seal, to protect it)

l Im really surprised its been in salt water as the rest of the boat is in very good shape with no corrosion. could it be corroded like that in fresh water? I did end up cleaning up the edges (I didn't want to replace it to a tune of $800) and im going to run it this season..if its crap ill replace it next winter

It could have been from fresh water... but only if it was sitting in it all the time. Obviously the real damage is from sucking things into the pump.

As far as "im going to run it this season..if its crap ill replace it next winter"... there's no need. The stator doesn't effect performance that much. The real loss in performance will come from a damaged impeller, and high clearance in the wear ring. (The aluminum part the impeller sits in) The tighter the clearance, the better the thrust.

Thanks... For such a large rock (I replaced the suck gate with a fixed gate already) The impeller is in very good shape and has very tight clearances around it... but for chits and giggles I researched the cost...wow $630-$800 for that thing!...ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back