Hope someone can help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ScottD439

I have a sea doo GTI LE RFI and I can’t get it to start have new battery and the use of a jump pack to try and start it.
I have removed spark plugs which are new and still no luck. I have push the cylinders up and down it is tight in places and have lubricated bore. It moves a bit easier now but still can’t get it to fire. I have the battery on charger now to see if that helps. I’m so lost. PS it has not been started for about 2 years. Hopefully someone can help.

DO NOT EVER use a jump pack on these, they are known tor fry the MPEM.

You need to make sure you can turn the engine over by hand before going further. If you can't there is something mechanically wrong and it needs to be identified before moving forward.

DO NOT EVER use a jump pack on these, they are known tor fry the MPEM.

You need to make sure you can turn the engine over by hand before going further. If you can't there is something mechanically wrong and it needs to be identified before moving forward.
Thank you

Yes can turn over by hand and the impeller moved when pistons are pushed up and down

Not sure if it is similar to a 2005 ski Doo MXZ 600sdi but this ski Doo is fuel injected, rebuilt the engine on it and then was running on 1 cylinder. After trying to clean the injectors myself I ended up taking them to a professional using ultra sonic. Once you’ve verified compression and spark I would start looking at the fuel system.

How exactly are you "push the cylinders up and down"? Same for "lubricating the bore"? Do you have the cylinder head off or something?
How "mechanically inclined" are you? I am not being rude, it's just at some point a person's experience, tools available, workshop, etc are not adequate to a repair task. If you don't have a factory Service Manual, I'd suggest getting one as there is a wealth of information along with all the schematics of the various systems, instructions on how to repair, and troubleshooting diagnostics to help you.

Back