Hood Shock Tube

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

timp4411

Hi All.

I have a 2006 GTX Limited and took my ski to a local shop for a tune up etc. I also had them replace the shock tube tha holds the front hatch open.

When I go the ski back, I noticed the metal plate/linkage at the top of the hatch was bent and not aligned straight up and down at all.

It's pretty messed up, but the hatch does stay open.

I am sure that it was not bent/damaged when I took it to them.

The linkage arm is very wobbly/loose too. Is there a way to tighten it up ?

How difficult should it have been to replace the shock tube?

They charged me one hour of labor ($85) to do it.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why it's loose unless it came out of the mount. That what mine does all the time. My plate was like your plate. It was bent and that pushed the arm out when I closed it

After looking at it in so many different ways.... first there is a shock mount issue for my 2008. Not sure on yours. I had to relocate the bottom mount. After that I STILL had the issue. Found my little triangle thingy was bent. Replaced that and it worked great! I bitch to get to but it works pretty good now

Thanks Joseph9936.

I'll have to look at it further and see what I need to do.

It's very aggravating AND a safety issue.

What happened to mine... as I would shut it the bent triangle part would put the shock off of the top mount bracket. Every 5-6 times I would shit the hatch.

When I looked at where the ball socket attached to the ball, it sure didn't look like it was on very reliably.

I think it's dangerous, especially for my wife who would not be expecting that hatch to fall back down.

I gotta do something to make sure it's all in good working order... and Safe !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back