High output?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawj112

I am very interested in purchasing the Challenger 180. My only concern is the 43mph top end. I just don't want to have 6 or 7 people on board and only be able to cruise or pull a skier at ~35mph (guess).

Will the extra expense for the high output motor offer more top end speed or the ability to better maintain speed? Thanks.

PJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply....is 40 a good speed for cruising/skiing? I have never owned a boat and am just concerned it will feel too slow. Although most boats top out at the same speed, with exception of the speedster. So I guess I'm just nuts. :)

It really comes down to personal preference. 40 is a fine cruising speed really. Thats about where I keep my boat when out just cruising. But you have to remember, that speed of 40 was loaded down full. That was the top speed...Fine for cruisiing but wont feel fast by any means. 52 by yourself is moving pretty good though. So it really just comes down to what you wanna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back