help with gtx limited in PHILA

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

srtfour215

just bought a 98 gtx limited that has been sitting for about 6 years. it still has the same gas and oils in it, the battery is dead but i was tryin to jump it to see if the motor is seized. when i jumped it the gauges came on but i heard NO beep. then i pressed the start button and got one click and that sounded like the starter. what should i do to see if the pump is moving or how can i loosin up the engine. any help would be greatly apprieciated. also the motor is very clean no salt spots, no leaks still has wd 40 residue on the motor.

Check for decals warning against jump starting your craft. Some have very sensitive components that can be damaged easily.

To check for freedom of rotation, don't use the starter to crank it! Remove any cover over the impeller shaft at the rear of the engine. Use any tool you prefer to try and rotate the coupling. If it breaks loose after some force or not at all, you probably have had water in the pump and now trashed bearings. With a clicking starter, something may be seized, or you may just have a bad connection. If the battery is that old, you'll need a new one. It won't revive after this long.

Clean out that entire fuel system before you try and run it.

Back