Help identifying 2 (venting?) hoses

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

Hey y'all: After 11 years collecting dust, I finally was able to get my 2001 XP running again (luck, and help from forum). Anyway, there are 2 hoses in the engine compartment I have questions about. I have attached a picture. I checked the 2001 seadoo shop manual and can't find any reference or pictures, so I am turning to y'all. The yellow hose (labled 1), is stuffed with styrofoam 4-5" from opening into tubing. The hose appears to run to the rear of ski, exit at the housing. Should this be plugged? I am the original owner and never jammed the hose into to styrofoam sidewall insulation. If it is a venting hose, why is it (intentionally?) plugged? Second question, the check valve that runs to the fuel filter (labled 2) running from bow/port side broke. When I plug in the replacement, is the valve (direction) to allow air out (exit ski) or allow air in?

Attachments

• Venting hoses.jpg
    Venting hoses.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 22
I have the same yellow hose with the foam in it. It doesn't go anywhere on my ski (98 GTX LTD) . I am guessing it was used to spray the foam or maybe create a hole in it for circulation or something. I am not sure about the other one. Look in the parts manual. There are several hoses that vent to the outer hull, the gas tank has one, and the battery has one, even though most people don't have the old lead acid batteries.

Is the in the font middle or back f the sea doo?

I have the same yellow hose with the foam in it. It doesn't go anywhere on my ski (98 GTX LTD) . I am guessing it was used to spray the foam or maybe create a hole in it for circulation or something. I am not sure about the other one. Look in the parts manual. There are several hoses that vent to the outer hull, the gas tank has one, and the battery has one, even though most people don't have the old lead acid batteries.

Is the in the font middle or back f the sea doo?
Grim:
That yellow hose (filled with styrofoam) is strange. Was hoping an 'expert' (seadoo technician) would see this and provide a why, (not shown in the shop manual or parts manual), since the hose is plugged in the engine bay but exits the rear of the ski for venting? Since yours is also plugged must be working as designed but still strange. The other seems to be a relief valve from the fuel filter cup to the left front of ski. Since no one answered the question, I am going to assume it is to vent out of ski, so I'll install the check valve in an exit (out) position. Hope that is correct. Thanks for the reply.

#2 is the gas tank vent out. One way check valve that is directional. #1 looks like the location of the battery vent but not 100% sure since I don't have a XPL.

The one with foam is used to spray foam behind the molded foam to keep it from bouncing around it was used to fill the void

#1 is definitely from the factory and used for injecting expanding foam to seal behind and around the foam blocks. There are usually a couple on each ski. #2 is definitely to let pressure out. The easy way to tell if out or in is generally by relative location. Low on the ski is an out, high on the ski is an in, so the in has a minimal chance to suck water. For orientation, if it is black and white the black side blocks flow. For solid black and solid grey they usually have an arrow to indicate flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back