Help I added the wrong oil to my injector!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
YIKES..!!!

BRP XPS Full Synthetic injector oil $75 a gallon..!? :ack:

Better be GOOD stuff..lol

How many tanks of fuel does the oil tank go thru..?

It went from $45.00 to $55.00 here in the phx valley when they changed blends. I guess this is why more and more people are starting to use Amsoil and the likes. I am strongly considering it. I may also test my injector pump i took off and put that back on. I use way more oil now that i am premix. a little smokey in the no wake zones now also.

Honestly I don't think this is a problem. Yes I use quality synthetic APT-TC such as seadoo or Amsoil, but a substitute here and there is not going to hurt. Any synthetic will mix with any other synthetic. I bet there are a lot of skis burning the TCW-3 walmart oil without problems as most other PWCs and boats recommend that oil.

There is a great oil debate page somewhere that goes thru all the details. If you are really concerned, just siphon most of the oil out of the tank and add the new. No big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stuff I put in there the 1st time was Castrol 2Stroke oil for marine use..Its the grey blue stinky diesel smellin stuff...Wich I figured was fine for it..

I took it to the Sea-Doo dealer & asked if it was ok to run it..They said it shouldnt cause any problems.I asked if I needed to drain entire system they said no just change out whats in the tank..I asked if it would "gell" up if I put the XPS Synthetic in with the other they said no it'll be fine..
I did what glen said to do (messy job bleh) & everything seems fine..Its actually never ran so good..lol With myself my father & 3/4 tank of fuel we got it goin 60mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back