Help I added the wrong oil to my injector!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid6.7

Weird it would never stall out..lol Ran like a champ last weekend, oh well now I know what its sposed to be at..lol

Ok so now it seems I messed up & put the wrong oil in,I should have checked 1st off but didnt I was in a rush to get out boating and camping..Seems I put in some TCW crap from walmart..(not the quicksilver) dont sell it @ our store..
Anyway now how do I drain out the 4 liters of oil I have in the tank and oil lines,is it possible to flush out in some way so I know it wont mix with the proper oil..
The oil has only been ran thru the motors maybe a total of 5 hours I hope in that short time it hasent messed them up..

Any suggestions ?

I guess the easiest way would be to get a squeeze ball & suck the oil out of the reservoir but what about the lines..? Should I disconnect & let them drain out or could I hook the squeeze ball to the top of the lines & suck oil up from carbs..?
Then somehow flush lines/reservoir with maybe some gas..?
I dont really want to run this oil thru engines as karl says it will cause damage :(

messy job for sure. since you already have 5 hours on it I do not think the oil in the injection pump lines to manifold will hurt things so I would not remove those. I would drain tank, remove and drian lines to injector pump, replace that filter, and remove and drian the lines to the crank, both of them. I would clean out all those lines and tank and rid of any oil. You could them put back together, fill with oil and run at idle on trialer with pump wide open to push all the fresh new oil into the injector lines.

Sorry as you can prolly tell this is my 1st boat & not to "good" @ fixin'er up YET ;)

Ok so yah this isnt gonna be a fun one,I drain/flush/clean all oil going to injector pump & tank,replace filter
But I dont understand what you mean by "run at idle on trialer with pump wide open" how do I keep the injector pump wide open..? Sorry

Thanks glen

Yikes this is gonna be a task in itself.. Bah what a stupid mistake.. Never doin this again..

But I have an idea..lol What if I top off the fuel tank pour the correct amount of oil into fuel (running pre-mix) remove all oil from reservoir & fill that with gas to "flush" out the lines. I know it'll take awhile to run all the gas thru the oil lines but you think this would work..? or will this bork up the injector pump or anything else..?

If not then I guess Im gettin dirty today..lol

DO NOT do that ! You will run gas into the rotary valvle shaft and ruin it. You will also be runing gas into the pump and probaly burn that up also.

My way is not to bad, just a little dirty becasuse of all the oil you will be dealing with.

All you have to do is reach down on the pump on the mag cover and pull the lever so it is wide open. You will smoke the block for sure on this one. I would put the machine on a hose and hold it there for a bit to get all the old stuff pushed through and burned up.

look for the arrows on the new in line oil filters as they are directional.

Here is some food for thought...
Here is a step by step to the oil pump oil lines;

After you drain the oil from the oil lines and refill them, you have to be sure there is no air in the lines when the engine starts up or it will cause the engine to seize up. You need to fill the oil lines back up with oil. To drain the oil from the Rotary Valve Chamber, use a oil extractor pump to suck the oil out of the hose…it’s the one that is 3/8” diameter. I attach the empty lines back to tank and fill the tank. The oil line going to the oil injector pump attaches to a elbow fitting on allows the oil to flow to the pump. I let the oil drain into the oil line to the pump first and put a small cup at the end of the oil line, to catch the oil coming out of the end of full line. Attach the full oil line to the elbow on the oil pump. There is a bleeder screw on the pump. Lay a rag under the bleeder screw. Open the bleeder screw till the pump has oil coming out. Tighten the bleeder screw. Be sure the oil is full in the small 2 lines also. Let the oil seep out the ends of the small lines to fill the lines as best as you can. Connect the 2 small oil lines from the pump to the carburetors. Where the cable is connected is a Disk,(pump lever) that the cable is attached to. Check that the mark on the pump aligns with the mark on the disk. Apply the throttle with the ENGINE OFF and check that the cable is in sync with the oil injector cable. They should move open and close at the same time. To bleed the 2 small lines and get the bubbles out, start the engine, on the water hose. DO NOT APPLY THROTTLE. Let the engine IDLE. Turn the Disk,( pump lever) that the oil injector cable is attached to, to full open so the air bubbles travel to the carburetors and leave no bubbles in the line. Don’t run the seadoo for more than a couple minutes on the hose.
For the Rotary Valve Gear Shaft, attach the hose on the tank and allow the oil to fill the hose and attach it to the case. Recheck all the oil lines and be sure they aren't leaking any oil. If you still have any questions give us a shout.

Karl

Holy Crackers karl how much do you charge a hour to come do this..LOL

Im gonna need to print this off for a guide..lol Are there pictures posted anywhere of all these hose connections & bleeder screws & pump disk thingers this is complicated.. :confused:

Thank You guys for your time & patients

The advise is free...getting my hands dirty...$85.00 per hr. Do something on a weekend...need cold beer for a tip. :rofl:

Chances are you have contaminated all the oil in the reserve tank. Being uninformed before doing something is expensive if you pay someone to correct it.

Karl

Just in case you don't have this information;

Recommended oil and fuel use.​

Use High quality low ASH API TC Injector oil.
Do Not use NMMA TC-W, TC-W2 or TC-W3 outboard motor oils or other ash less type 2 cycle oil. Avoid mixing different brands of API TC oil as resulting chemical reaction will cause severe engine damage. Never mix Mineral or synthetics oil together.

Never use fuel containing more than 10 % alcohol,( Methanol or Ethanol) as severe damage will occur. The minimum of 87 octane is recommended for most engines.

Karl

In the reserve fuel tank..? I have to drain that aswell..!? Omgosh :eek:
$85 an hours isnt looking too bad..lol And heck Im good for the beer aswell :D

Uh...that's at my House on the water here in South West Florida...I don't make house calls to the cold.:ack: :rofl:

Karl

We're talking oil here... you have injector working, correct?( not premix)

You said in an earlier post you added the oil....

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
hehehehe its not cold here 86* or so..

Heck I was swimmin in 56* water on the long weekend...I think my family jewels have finally dropped :rofl:

Yes injector is working were talkin oil tank reservoir.. No pre-mix

The "Bad" oil is in oil system

Oh there is a reserver oil tank aswell..?

"Chances are you have contaminated all the oil in the reserve tank."

There should be...isn't that where you added oil? Either you added to the oil reserve tank or premixed with the gas...
You don't have 3 choices, just 2...

In your opinion wich is better pre-mix or the oil injection..?
I might just go pre-mix & find a injection kit..

What do these run $ approx..?

No your better off running the oil injector. It is a variable rate injector system.It uses about 3 times less oil as it injects it at a variable rate depending on the rpm's If you pre mix, you will use more oil foul more plugs and cost more money in the long run. Clean the system , add fresh oil as instructed and go have some worry free fun. Don't go premix.

Karl

Ok thanks karl much appreciated :cheers:

Should I use anything to flush the lines before refilling them with good oil..?

hand pump

Just pumped mine out a few weeks ago. Harbor Freight sells a nice pump for about 6.00. It'll take some time to hand pump the oil out, but it works. Be sure to have a large enough bucket before you start pumping!

YIKES..!!!

BRP XPS Full Synthetic injector oil $75 a gallon..!? :ack:

Better be GOOD stuff..lol

How many tanks of fuel does the oil tank go thru..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back