HELP!!!!! HI TEMP then shuts off? 04 GTI LE RFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson8537

HELP!!!!! I just got the ski up and running after being parked for 3 yrs... I took it out the the lake and ran it for about an hour or so and it RAN GREAT... a few small hiccups trying to run the old gas through would be my guess..

After I got it home I started it up and reved it about 10 times and it shut off and with a LONG BEEP and showed High TEMP?

I let it cool over night and tried again today and get the same thing??

HI TEMP then shuts off? I also hooked it up the the hose... SAME THING!

started ski turned on the water and then it shut off! (water was still running)

Shut off the water and then started it up again to run the water out of it.

ANY IDEAS???? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

A ski will get hot in a hurry without water! If it's fine in the water, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, when hooking up a hose, connect the hose but don't turn on the water. Start the ski and turn on the water. When you are ready to shut it off, turn off the water then the ski. If you have the hose turned on when the ski isn't running, you can fill up the cylinders with water.

water in the cylinders?

Cylinders should "NEVER" fill with water, "TWO" different areas, the water jacket holds the water, cylinders have fuel/oil mix for combustion.

I understand things get hot out of the water...

This is my 5th or 6th seado and 10th jetski.

I did start it first then turn on water... while reving it up a few times with water runnig and flowing out the pisser it shut off saying hi temp..

I ran and shut off the water then restarted to clear any water out!...

Ran fine in teh water but i think a temp sensor may have went bad.

I went and picked one up and replaced the one on the head and same thing????

so i put the original back on...

I tried the original without the wire connected and it runs fins but shows MAINT...

what is next guys????

Cylinders should "NEVER" fill with water, "TWO" different areas, the water jacket holds the water, cylinders have fuel/oil mix for combustion.
The combustion chamber WILL fill with water if hose is left turned on without the engine running. You might want to tuck that little tidbit away for future use.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back